Is Lewis an upgrade over what we have? (1 Viewer)

BIGPOPPA

Goodell BLOWS!!!!!
Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I'm not real familiar with Keenan Lewis. I know he is from N.O. and went to OP Walker. Doing some research I noticed he's only had 1 INT in the 4 yrs he's been in the league. 1! So I got to looking and he doesn't appear, on paper, to be much better than what we have. Now, I'm asking this question seriously, so if all you are going to do is start trashing, just do not respond.

Keenan Lewis:
(2012) Comb Tkls 71 Pass Def 23 INT 0 FF 1 Sacks 1 Career INT's 1 (4 yrs)

Patrick Robinson:
(2012) Comb Tkls 64 Pass Def 18 INT 3 FF 1 Sacks 7 Career INT's 7 (3 yrs)

He is far superior in coverage. He may not get picks but he holds his own and excels at swatting the ball away. He is big, physical, and above average at press coverage as well.

I would say he is probably as good as Greer is, which imo is still a very good cb. Lewis has alot of pass deflections, Greer may have better hands than Lewis. I'm pretty sure Lewis is bigger than Greer. I would say Lewis is a good step above PR.

People seem to be focusing on Lewis' INT totals a lot. There is much more to playing CB in the NFL than intercepting passes

A resounding YES! The only knock on Lewis, is that he's not exactly a "ballhawk". But he D's the crap out of guys and breaks up a ton of passes. He's like a CB with S mentality. He'll put a hit on you, and you'll def feel it.

Cool. I appreciate it. I was just looking on paper and I know that doesn't always justify a player's on field ability. I understand there's more to it than stats, but thats what we seem to judge most players by.
I don't read other teams boards.

You know, I always accept what the front office does during these free agency periods. I accepted the James Harrison, Santonio Holmes, and Joey porter releases, but the loss of Lewis just to me is one of the stupidest things we've done in a long time. Such a great up and comer that we molded into a nice future superstar in Dick's defense and to end it like this.... WOW is all I can say. To me, we are officially in the "We suck" rebuilding mode. Gay seems like a great pickup now. Such a waste of a future star that would be able to take ike's spot when he leaves.

Thank you. I had to register as soon as I saw the tweet about him almost signed by the saints. I understand its his hometown but man.... He looked really good this past year and with other glaring needs we need to fill... we just opened up another one. I also understand other teams seem to have it worse at the moment, but If were going to build from the draft and ignore much of free agency, you need to keep what you build.

Here are more telling stats. See for yourself.

Jabari Greer 2012:

TA Rec % Ct Yds Avg YAC LG TD In PD NFL Rating
74 43 58.1 626 14.6 191 52 3 3 9 82.4

Patrick Robinson 2012:

109 61 56.0 1071 17.6 439 95 9 3 14 105.7

Keenan Lewis 2012:

112 59 52.7 694 11.8 212 45 3 0 16 80.7

Keenan Lewis:
(2012) Comb Tkls 71 Pass Def 23 INT 0 FF 1 Sacks 1 Career INT's 1 (4 yrs)

Patrick Robinson:
(2012) Comb Tkls 64 Pass Def 18 INT 3 FF 1 Sacks 7 Career INT's 7 (3 yrs)
Don't bother, everyone thinks P Rob is a bust and Red Thumbs anyone who thinks differently. Did he have some blown coverages this year? Yes. Did he have terrible safety help over the top? Yes. Was he playing in a scheme that didn't put him in the best position to succeed? Yes. While I don't think P Rob is "elite," I think the guy continues to show improvement every year.

By no means am I saying Lewis isn't an upgrade. He just isn't going to come in and magically fix the true issue this team has, our horrid Safety play.

CB is, above all other positions, the position you really can't qualify with stats (other than the indepth percentages from PFF and the like).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom