Is Lewis an upgrade over what we have? (1 Viewer)

Don't bother, everyone thinks P Rob is a bust and Red Thumbs anyone who thinks differently. Did he have some blown coverages this year? Yes. Did he have terrible safety help over the top? Yes. Was he playing in a scheme that didn't put him in the best position to succeed? Yes. While I don't think P Rob is "elite," I think the guy continues to show improvement every year.

Don't say anything but I willing to bet anybody that pat rob will stay our 1# DB

I'll bet P Rob has been absolutely assaulted down the field far more times than Keenan Lewis. I wanted P Rob to be great, but he has played himself out of a starting position. Sometimes you have to win against the man across from you.

I'll bet P Rob has been absolutely assaulted down the field far more times than Keenan Lewis. I wanted P Rob to be great, but he has played himself out of a starting position. Sometimes you have to win against the man across from you.

There was a string of 8 games where prob locked his man down. Pat rob is outnumber one Greer goes to nickel where his speed and quickness is better suited. Plus in the slot Greer matches up with smaller DBs.

we need P. Rob, Greer, and Lewis. Gotta have 3 good CBs as much nickel as teams play. We will be in man much more this year, hopefully less zone than last season, which fits our current Cbs much better.

we needed 3 corners, now we have 3 corey white is a converted safety, wouldn't surprise me if we draft one also

Let me start by saying, I'm not real familiar with Keenan Lewis. I know he is from N.O. and went to OP Walker. Doing some research I noticed he's only had 1 INT in the 4 yrs he's been in the league. 1! So I got to looking and he doesn't appear, on paper, to be much better than what we have. Now, I'm asking this question seriously, so if all you are going to do is start trashing, just do not respond.

Keenan Lewis:
(2012) Comb Tkls 71 Pass Def 23 INT 0 FF 1 Sacks 1 Career INT's 1 (4 yrs)

Patrick Robinson:
(2012) Comb Tkls 64 Pass Def 18 INT 3 FF 1 Sacks 7 Career INT's 7 (3 yrs)

Possibly. He only allowed something like 52% of passes completed against him, which is excellent, even for a guy playing zone. Greer's best season he had less than 50% completed against despite being by himself in coverage all the time, which was flat out elite. In 2011 he had 55% completed against, which is good, but not great.

If Keenan Lewis can make the transition he might be an upgrade. If Greer bounces back though they could be neck and neck, which we would only win in that case.

It's not obvious that he's a huge upgrade, but he might be, so I'm hopeful.

Don't bother, everyone thinks P Rob is a bust and Red Thumbs anyone who thinks differently. Did he have some blown coverages this year? Yes. Did he have terrible safety help over the top? Yes. Was he playing in a scheme that didn't put him in the best position to succeed? Yes. While I don't think P Rob is "elite," I think the guy continues to show improvement every year.

By no means am I saying Lewis isn't an upgrade. He just isn't going to come in and magically fix the true issue this team has, our horrid Safety play.

Patrick Robinson was asked to cover his man by himself at times, with no safety help, not even bad safety help.

He was pretty good a lot of times, but inconsistent. He got absolutely eaten up at times. I don't think we can trust him to handle one side of the field by himself, which is probably why we made such a push for a CB.

Between Patrick Robinson possibly developing, Greer possibly bouncing back, and Keenan Lewis possibly making the transition to an elite cover corner, we at least have a punchers chance of having someone who can handle one side of the field by themselves, which is absolutely critical for Ryan's defense.

You can't ask for much more out of the Front Office than giving our defense a shot. What kind of product actually gets put out on the field though at this point... :shrug:

good safety help can make a difference, there is no stat for help deflecting a ball

Great move if PRob gets consistent then thats all the better. If Greer gets back to form great too, but remember he's getting long in the tooth. We still have White who is young, Lewis is only 26 and Prob is still young. Just eliminated a major need in the draft, now fill another void and we can go BPA on defense at S,OLB,or DE.

Great move if PRob gets consistent then thats all the better. If Greer gets back to form great too, but remember he's getting long in the tooth. We still have White who is young, Lewis is only 26 and Prob is still young. Just eliminated a major need in the draft, now fill another void and we can go BPA on defense at S,OLB,or DE.

Yeah I doubt we'll be drafting a CB high. I'm also skeptical we'll take a S high either. It's looking like the front-7, which makes sense, given that that seems to be the deepest portion of the draft.

debbie_downer.jpg

I don't need to look up tape on him to determine if he's an upgrade...

...I watched the Saints last season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom