Is March Richt's seat cold, warm or hot? (1 Viewer)

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I know we have some Georgia fans on the board - what's his status?

I say hot because although he is one of the better coaches in the SEC, he can't seem to rise up to the elite level of teams. It doesn't help playing in the SEC East either which right now is the weaker side of the conference. He has only beaten Florida once right in the world's largest outdoor cocktail party?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Largest_Outdoor_Cocktail_Party

It should be hot.

Georgia has as much excuse for being bad as LSU does. They have GT to deal with in recruiting and for the past several years, they have taken just about every top recruit in Georgia.

Richt better find his mojo, stat.

not a georgia fan, but in my opinion he should be on the very-hot seat....

to me it seems like every year they find a way to beat a good team and also find a way to loose to a bad team...... this year it looks as if there finding ways to loose to both good teams and bad teams....

however, the options for a new head coach probably is not better than what richt is doing....but I would want to atleast try and find a head coach that is better, if I were an aluminist...

Very cold seat, in my opinion. I know many Georgia fans will disagree. I just think he is too well liked and respected by the University community, especially the AD and President, to be fired any time soon.

I still really like Richt. The main problem I have with him is that he's too loyal to his assistant coaches and to his senior players. Mike Bobo and Willie Martinez both need to be fired.

UGA needs to overtake Florida for Richt to ever be comfortable. I don't see that happening anytime soon. UGA and Tenn are fighting for second place relevancy, with South Carolina a perpetual unknown. Fans aren't that patient, and Richt hasn't given very much in return these past few years.

UGA needs to overtake Florida for Richt to ever be comfortable.

I doubt there's a coach in the world that can make Georgia overtake Florida in that division as long as Meyer is there. Dude has build an absolute unstoppable juggernaut.

I doubt there's a coach in the world that can make Georgia overtake Florida in that division as long as Meyer is there. Dude has build an absolute unstoppable juggernaut.

I don't know about unstoppable. He is about to lose the majority of his defense and that is what makes them such an extremely good team this year. We will get to see if he struggles with a new QB and a new defensive unit next year. I doubt that he does, but it could happen.

I'm sure they will not be as good as they are, but "struggle" will mean something like 9-3 or 10-2 and either a BCS or tier-1 non-BCS bowl.

I'm not saying that there won't be years where Florida won't win, but as far as "surpassing" Florida as the dominant force in the division, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The rest of the college football watching world disagrees.

Watch more football.

Dez Bryant is no longer on the team. And didn't OSU lose to Houston, who then in turn lost to UTEP?

difference between talented teams and good teams.......OK ST has talent....but there not a good team....

I'm sure they will not be as good as they are, but "struggle" will mean something like 9-3 or 10-2 and either a BCS or tier-1 non-BCS bowl.

I'm not saying that there won't be years where Florida won't win, but as far as "surpassing" Florida as the dominant force in the division, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I agree, and thats the problem. You can't keep losing to your arch-rival and have be safe in your position. And even when Richt wins, UGA fans have to watch UF go win 2 National Championships over three years. After blaming outside influences for awhile (i.e., blaming LSU for going to the BCS title game in 2007 when UGA was arguably the hottest team), the fans will turn on Richt. I think Richt is a good coach, but UGA fans will only take so much.

Even when UGA had its chance to shine (Zook), nothing really worked out. David Greene and Jason Pollack had 4 ripe years to put UGA over the top and the closest they got was being run over by LSU in the 2003 SEC Championship game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom