Is Matt Ryan the leagues MVP (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Could Matt Ryan become the leagues MVP when the season is over? I think if the Falcons finishes with over 13 wins then I think he will be MVP.

Please don't put the words "Matt Ryan" and "MVP" in the same sentence. My eyes are already bleeding black with hatred because of the Falcons lucky winning ways along with our own misfortune. If he's MVP of this league, that's adding insult to injury.

no, Drew Brees will after we go 11-5 and dominate every team from here on out including a game where Drew puts 50 on the 9ers D.

Matt Bryant has bailed this team out of so many games that they should have lost. He's the MVP of that team. It sure as hell isn't Ryan.

If he wins it then the media will clearly exhibit that the award is nothing more than giving it to the best player on the best team.

I'd rather them give it to Rodgers or Manning again.

And this isn't a slight to Ryan, but the guy is NOT the MVP of the league.

NBC Sports had a good article on Matt Ryan performance tonight.

Matt Ryan completed 24-of-34 passes for 342 yards in Week 9, helping the Falcons improve to 8-0 with their 19-13 win over the Cowboys.
Although Ryan failed to find the end zone, he relentlessly worked the Cowboys deep, trusting Julio Jones and Roddy White to win 1-on-1s. They consistently did, combining for 12 catches and 247. Ryan survived a few thundering hits in the process, finishing with zero turnovers for the second consecutive week, and fourth time in eight games. With 50 percent of the season now in the books, Atlanta's fourth-year signal caller is on pace for 4,720 yards, 34 touchdowns and just 12 interceptions. Both the yards and touchdowns would be new career highs. Ryan is a leading MVP candidate.

Ryan didn't throw a touchdown this game? Eli Manning didn't throw a touchdown in two games?

Shows you how impressive the Drew Brees / Johnny Unitas record is.

Im a homer so I think Ryan rules, but lets wait and see how the rest of the season goes. When you have ppl like Rodgers, Brady, and Manning who have a proven track record I think Ryan will need to blow them out of the water to be MVP. Looks like to me that Rodgers should be #1 with 21 TD's and 4 INT's.

Matt Ryan is a good player, just being honest.. but with two pro bowl receivers, hall of fame tight end, and regressing Michael Turner who shows up when he wants to, he is not the most valuable player on his team much less the league.

You substitute a Flacco, Schaub, Big Ben, or any top 15 QB and you will have the same record team.

You give them a Rodgers, Brees, or Brady and you have the best team of all time.

They are the hottest team in the league who put up decent numbers against a top 5 defense. We need to come prepared when we play them.. I'm not scared, but everyone MUST come to play, including coaches... And a little Ref help would he more than welcome also!

What has he done lately to make him look worthy of MVP? Is it because he's so good at dumping off passes to Jacquizz Rodgers against mediocre defenses playing prevent in the 4th quarter, who miss their tackles and allow the RB to march 20+ yards down the field and get them into field goal range for Matt Bryant to win the game by less than a TD? If so... then yes he's the most valuable player in the NFL.

Here's a little tidbit for you. Aaron Rodgers has 15 TDs in the past 4 games.... Drew Brees has 13.... Peyton Manning has 12.... Tom Brady has 9.... Matt Ryan has 6.

Lol. You guys are silly. Matt is the best player on the Falcons this season and the Falcons have the best record so far. He is leading the MVP...by an 8-0 default.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom