Is Meredith a Bust? (6 Viewers)

Scheme yesterday. We weren't running a whole lot of 3WR and 4WR sets, and Carr's probably the better blocker. I didn't read a whole lot into it, honestly.

He was having problems picking up the playbook supposedly

They mentioned it on the radio broadcast a couple weeks back. They said it was more just him trying to play catch up after the injury and not getting enough reps, but that he was having difficulty with it.

Last edited:
Give the guy a break. He essentially missed an entire year of football and is still getting his body up to speed. Against Baltimore you go with the biggest strongest sets you have because Baltimore is going to physically maul you the entire game. So you see the TE sets making the LBs and DEs try to play pass protection rather than try to kill Brees. Sound gameplan. Also, you aren’t going to get the time or ability to run 3-4 WR routes where the deep threat is any real risk as the QB will not have time to even make that throw.

Now, we also know Brees is a QB that needs to completely trust and have timing with his WRs. Brees throws to where the is going to be, and ina very exact location before the WR is there. It takes time and reps to develop that trust and with Merideth comingmoff the injury that has yet to develop. Give him until game 8-9 before he is declared a bust.

Zach Line was our leading kick returner yesterday with 15 yards. Therefore Taysom Hill is a bust. :)

He was having problems picking up the playbook supposedly

Probably some truth to that. No one walks into this offense year one and perfects this offense. It's way too complicated.

The Ravens were just a bad matchup for him. We ran a lot more 2 TE sets than normal and we didn't need that #3 WR on the field.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to disparage this guys obvious talent or anything. Some people seem to be taking what I posted personally or something? It's just a fact that he isn't comfortable enough with the playbook at this point.

Oh, and I have no opinion of anyone's booty except for some of the ones in the BTL offerings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom