Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
When MT13 came into the league in 2016 he was coming to a team that already had Brandin Cooks. He just went about his business and inevitably made Cooks expendable. Thomas and Brees had great chemistry and Can't Guard Mike is a perennial Pro Bowler. But then it happened...he got paid and now he is more outspoken particularly on Twitter. He was the subject of trade rumors last season and I anticipate the same this off-season. The question is should the Saints deal their star wide receiver?

When MT13 came into the league in 2016 he was coming to a team that already had Brandin Cooks. He just went about his business and inevitably made Cooks expendable. Thomas and Brees had great chemistry and Can't Guard Mike is a perennial Pro Bowler. But then it happened...he got paid and now he is more outspoken particularly on Twitter. He was the subject of trade rumors last season and I anticipate the same this off-season. The question is should the Saints deal their star wide receiver?
He has been entered diva mode.

As long as he’s not getting into legal trouble in the community and giving 100% effort on Gameday, I don’t care about his personality or his bravado- whatever you want to call it.

It’s difficult because he is clearly the best WR this franchise has ever had, and his contract will be a millstone around the team’s neck if they try to move him on.

Personally, I don’t know what the answer is. I do know, however, that players don’t typically become less problematic or less outspoken over time. And the Saints quite rightly appear to have little patience for players who put their interests ahead of the team.

It will be an interesting offseason as I would expect the team to at least listen to offers for him. I just don’t have a good handle on what he might be worth.

He always has been. I don't know why anyone ever thought he was the Marques Colston type. He's not. He's a borderline psychopathic narcissist. It's a good thing for football as long as you can harness it. But that type has never faired well with Payton.

I don’t get how he’s a true diva. I mean he certainly says what he thinks on Twitter, but y’all seem to take that way too seriously. The guy had an injury issue all year. He got baited in practice by a guy who has become an absolute pro at getting under people’s skin. Thing is as Payton showed, he’s not going to bow down to Thomas or anyone else as Payton is the head diva in New Orleans. You know when the game starts Thomas will give it his all. That’s all I care about.

Grown men are watching what another grown man says about other grown men on social media and getting upset about it if what he said was not to their liking. Think about that as you ask if Mike Thomas is becoming a diva. If he is, then what are those grown men becoming? The same people were doing the same thing to Alvin Kamara last year.

Grown men are doing this.

People who think Thomas is a diva are the same people who think Ceedy is a problem for this team. In other words, old fashioned. No slight toward anyone, just how it is. This is simply the state of the sport and mainstream athletes, they're a brand - an income they need to keep relevant. The way I see it, we're lucky to not have a star WR that's not coming to practice in his own helicopter with a blonde mustache.

If you want to call Thomas a diva, go look up some of Terrell Owens antics off the field/at conferences. Or more recently, OBJ. His Twitter theatrics are nothing compared to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom