Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (1 Viewer)

People who think Thomas is a diva are the same people who think Ceedy is a problem for this team. In other words, old fashioned. No slight toward anyone, just how it is. This is simply the state of the sport and mainstream athletes, they're a brand - an income they need to keep relevant. The way I see it, we're lucky to not have a star WR that's not coming to practice in his own helicopter with a blonde mustache.

If you want to call Thomas a diva, go look up some of Terrell Owens antics off the field/at conferences. Or more recently, OBJ. His Twitter theatrics are nothing compared to that.

I disagree. I see Thomas as a diva, but don’t see CGJ that way at all. A diva cries and complains, a man just goes out and handles business. That doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with CGJ’s motives, but he’s not a female dog about it.

It’s difficult because he is clearly the best WR this franchise has ever had, and his contract will be a millstone around the team’s neck if they try to move him on.

Personally, I don’t know what the answer is. I do know, however, that players don’t typically become less problematic or less outspoken over time. And the Saints quite rightly appear to have little patience for players who put their interests ahead of the team.

It will be an interesting offseason as I would expect the team to at least listen to offers for him. I just don’t have a good handle on what he might be worth.
The answer is to mind your own business and enjoy Saints Football. He ain't hurting no one on twitter. Why does it matter?

I disagree. I see Thomas as a diva, but don’t see CGJ that way at all. A diva cries and complains, a man just goes out and handles business. That doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with CGJ’s motives, but he’s not a female dog about it.
When has Thomas CRIED AND COMPLAINED?

The only female dog are the one that making stuff out of thin air against Thomas.

I think there’s a distinction between Ceedy talking trash on the field in order to gain a competitive advantage in a game, which he plainly does very effectively, and Thomas making opaque criticisms of his HOF QB on social media, fighting Ceedy in practice, allegedly verbally abusing the Coach and other team personnel and earning a team suspension for his troubles.

The answer is to mind your own business and enjoy Saints Football. He ain't hurting no one on twitter. Why does it matter?

I mean if this was just an issue about a stray tweet then that’s fine. But it clearly isn’t. It’s about a pattern of me-first behaviour over an extended period, and we’ve seen in the past how the team brass responds to this kind of thing. Ask Jimmy Graham, Junior, Kenny Stills or any number of other guys who have been given their marching orders over the years.

People started saying the "D" word when Thomas got paid and the first season after getting paid he set an NFL record and this season he was injured the entire season.

They said the same thing about Kamara last season when he had an "off" season in which an awful lot of people refused to acknowledge that he was injured for most of the season and the Saints paid him anyway.................and he played out of his skull this season!!

Label these guys what you will but when the lights come on they are all business!!

I mean if this was just an issue about a stray tweet then that’s fine. But it clearly isn’t. It’s about a pattern of me-first behaviour over an extended period, and we’ve seen in the past how the team brass responds to this kind of thing. Ask Jimmy Graham, Junior, Kenny Stills or any number of other guys who have been given their marching orders over the years.
This all day.
People started saying the "D" word when Thomas got paid and the first season after getting paid he set an NFL record and this season he was injured the entire season.

They said the same thing about Kamara last season when he had an "off" season in which an awful lot of people refused to acknowledge that he was injured for most of the season and the Saints paid him anyway.................and he played out of his skull this season!!

Label these guys what you will but when the lights come on they are all business!!
I keep seeing this and it baffles my mind. The AK situation was not at all similar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom