Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (1 Viewer)

Michael Thomas as good as he has been Can be will be more explosive with a QB who will send him out there . He’ll probably never have the accuracy and catches he had. But

I can promise you with Winston, Stanford or any other capable QB his YPC go up and his TDs

The Venn diagram of people who think Mike is a diva and people who have an irrationally protective mentality toward Brees is a perfect circle.

I don’t agree with this. I have been critical of Drew’s output in important games, and have expressed the view that while he deserved the opportunity to come back when it became clear the team was contemplating whether to sign Brady, it’s reasonable to wonder if Drew didn’t prioritise his own interests by coming back in the first place and then continuing to play when he was hurt.

In each case the question is really one of, “what do the best interests of the team demand?” I don’t think it’s in the interests of the franchise to have a QB who can’t move the ball down the field next season. I also don’t think it’s in our interests to have a WR behaving inappropriately towards teammates, coaches and other club employees.

Different teams have a different tolerance for those sort of antics. Payton has generally shown himself to have very little.

The AK41 situation, for the record, was totally different. The Saints are a melting pot of different personalities, no doubt, but that would appear to be a strength. Kamara is a bit of a different character, but he doesn’t appear to be a disruption in any way shape or form - now or ever.

I don’t agree with this. I have been critical of Drew’s output in important games, and have expressed the view that while he deserved the opportunity to come back when it became clear the team was contemplating whether to sign Brady, it’s reasonable to wonder if Drew didn’t prioritise his own interests by coming back in the first place and then continuing to play when he was hurt.

In each case the question is really one of, “what do the best interests of the team demand?” I don’t think it’s in the interests of the franchise to have a QB who can’t move the ball down the field next season. I also don’t think it’s in our interests to have a WR behaving inappropriately towards teammates, coaches and other club employees.

Different teams have a different tolerance for those sort of antics. Payton has generally shown himself to have very little.

The AK41 situation, for the record, was totally different. The Saints are a melting pot of different personalities, no doubt, but that would appear to be a strength. Kamara is a bit of a different character, but he doesn’t appear to be a disruption in any way shape or form - now or ever.
Beautifully stated. Couldn’t agree more.

People who think Thomas is a diva are the same people who think Ceedy is a problem for this team. In other words, old fashioned. No slight toward anyone, just how it is. This is simply the state of the sport and mainstream athletes, they're a brand - an income they need to keep relevant. The way I see it, we're lucky to not have a star WR that's not coming to practice in his own helicopter with a blonde mustache.

If you want to call Thomas a diva, go look up some of Terrell Owens antics off the field/at conferences. Or more recently, OBJ. His Twitter theatrics are nothing compared to that.

Not true at all....

Thomas has become a divisive factor on the team. After being paid with a ridiculous overpaid contract, he is has been openly critical of his QB, punches another teammate, and suspended by the coaching staff for disrespect towards the coaching staff. Very small production in 2020. I don't see this stuff going on with other true stars in the NFL. Brees is half responsible for his success and enormous contract. I know this will bunch some panties, but IMO, Thomas is not an elite receiver at the top of his position, like he is paid. There are several receivers more valuable that I would take in a choose up. Receivers I would rather have, to name a few are:
Metcaff, D. Adams, Julio J, Treek Hill, Kittle, Kelce, Diggs, ..... Thomas has been in the right place at the right time to ring up his big numbers. It's a good time to sell high.

Remember all the posts where people debated if Colston was a diva? Yeah....me either. I miss Colston.
He and Pierre Thomas always played as if they were thrilled to be on the field. PT once said he was so happy to be starting in the NFL and so determined to make an impact that he played every down as though it was the last of his career.

Michael Thomas (per Brees) is so ultra competitive that he’s constantly starting fires around himself to keep him motivated and working... when the Saints are winning, and he’s playing well and healthy, it’s fine.
But when he’s struggling and banged-up, he chirps too much and makes excuses.

Bottom line is that he’s a poor sport. He’s a bad loser AND a bad winner. He’s very immature. He’s also extremely talented.... He’s either going to grow up and get healthy, or he’s going to continue to act like a spoiled petulant child and get himself shipped out.
He’s got a lot of Terrell Owens in him.

The thing is... when CGM was chirping on Twitter about DBs knowing they play tight when there’s really no threat of getting beat over the top... he’s right. He just shouldn’t have Tweeted it out.

If the Saints get the deep threat back (and use it) it will definitely open things up underneath, where Thomas really shines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom