Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (1 Viewer)

He's been a diva, but he was a productive diva on the field without any issues off the field, as far as I know. Makes dealing with the "Twitter diva" easy to deal with.

As long as he’s not getting into legal trouble in the community and giving 100% effort on Gameday, I don’t care about his personality or his bravado- whatever you want to call it.
Terrell Owens was a good citizen, terrible teammate. MT isn't a generational receiver. His public bashing of Brees and SP is an indicator of what he would do to a young QB. My opinion is to trade him ASAP.

When MT13 came into the league in 2016 he was coming to a team that already had Brandin Cooks. He just went about his business and inevitably made Cooks expendable. Thomas and Brees had great chemistry and Can't Guard Mike is a perennial Pro Bowler. But then it happened...he got paid and now he is more outspoken particularly on Twitter. He was the subject of trade rumors last season and I anticipate the same this off-season. The question is should the Saints deal their star wide receiver?

I was thinking about this about 2 years ago. I could tell this was coming. YES, we need to get rid of him before he destroys the locker room. I like MT the football player but this is becoming O'dell Beckham in a hurry. Make it happen Loomis!!! lol

It’s funny how every time a Saints player says something against Brees, that player becomes the bad guy
Yeah... players throwing publicly passive-aggressive shade at their HOF, Super Bowl-winning quarterback will do that.

Nobody cares if Thomas thinks this stuff or speaks privately about it. He’s free to do so. Making public comments like this, though, suggests a lot... and it isn’t good.

Last edited:
Diva? Yes, he's got the diva. Trade? It depends on Mike. A little touch of the diva can be tolerated, but I doubt that causing mayhem in the locker room will be tolerated. I sure hope we can keep him and he stays that hard to cover.

Had to check the post date of this thread, assumed we were thinking one from a couple years back.

I don’t get how he’s a true diva. I mean he certainly says what he thinks on Twitter, but y’all seem to take that way too seriously. The guy had an injury issue all year. He got baited in practice by a guy who has become an absolute pro at getting under people’s skin. Thing is as Payton showed, he’s not going to bow down to Thomas or anyone else as Payton is the head diva in New Orleans. You know when the game starts Thomas will give it his all. That’s all I care about.
A true team player doesn’t throw his qb under the bus on twitter.

The other item I omitted to mention earlier was that Brandin Cooks tweeted “closed mouths don’t get fed” when the team won 49-21 in week 12, 2016. The Saints traded him to the Patriots less than three months later.

CGM is a better player than Cooks was but it’s plainly not a type of behaviour the team is particularly fond of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom