Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (2 Viewers)

People aren't concerned about Michael Thomas being a diva because they demand that all athletes must have a composed Marques Colston or Barry Sanders personality. They're concerned about diva behavior because there have been many high-profile cases of diva behavior leading directly to a diminishment of production (regardless of ability).

All too often, diva behavior extracts a cost. Sometimes it's just "fun and games" and sometimes it leads a player off a cliff.

I have seen in some threads that Mt's contract/Cap hit makes him un-tradeable. That is false. If he is with the team with no restructure for the comin season his cap hit is $18.8M. If he gets traded though it only increases to $20M for a $1.8M difference and the team would be free and clear after this year. Given that, if either Loomis or Payton decides they have had enough of his antics then he will be traded and the pick or picks they get will be used to draft a cheaper replacement.

Colston was the only high profile top flight WR I ever saw that was not a diva.
Jerry Rice, Herman Moore, Isaac Bruce, Julio Jones, etc. Marvin Harrison had a dark side, but was not a diva.

WR divas get the attention, but even among top-level guys ... I don't think they're in the majority.

He's (MT) got to be careful though. Seems a bit sensitive and likes to clear his conscious at others expense.

the others being his teammates and coaches.....that aint gonna fly nowhere regardless if he's a saint or on any other team...it gets old.

Dude took a weak jab at the Qb that got him paid .......like cmon man....that weak arm was why you were here...tall, sure handed, short to medium route guy for a regressed Brees to target the crap out of.

ran a 4.57 at the combine bruh. not explosive at all..cmon man.

He might get them bags packed for him pre or during the draft.

Just sayin.....

“Becoming”? No. “Is”? Yes.
Yes on diva - no on the trade - yes on drafting some more talent to try an make him expendable.

I’d consider yes on the trade depending on the trade. Right now I don’t think our receivers are redonkulous enough to think about it unless the trade is awesome for us. And let’s face it, wide receivers are frequently going to be divas. They sure like the attention for some reason.

Let’s see:

1. Punches his teammate
2. Demands a trade from his current team behind closed doors
3. Cusses out his coach
4. Verbally sub-attacking his QB on social media
5. Continues to verbally attack his QB on social media
6. Expresses his anger with the team
7. Gets into arguments with other NFL players for innocent comments (Parker).
8. Does that Joe Horn celebration like what TO and Moss would do (knuckleheads).

nope, no diva

Thomas made his Twitter account private. His tweet started trending nationally in the sports world.

That's just who he is. It's the same spirit that made him label himself "Can't Guard Mike"

He did that before the Pros. So it isn't money or fame, he's just extremely confident and plays his tail off. Sure he talks a little, but he backs it up. The Saints would be fools to trade him all to end up spending draft picks or money to find him all over again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom