Is Michael Thomas becoming a diva? (1 Viewer)

Has Brees' arm strength declined or not? Real simple question.

yes it has...but would you be cool with your own teammates calling you Out About it in front of the media? This will tell a lot

football analysts doesn’t equal your own teammates dude. How can you think that’s the same?
Damn if it wouldn't be completely different had Thomas mentioned Brees by name. But he didn't. He spoke in pure football terms. If a defense knows that ANY QB can't push the ball down the field, they will use that to their advantage. And that is the whole source of all of this speculation. It's sad really.

Damn if it wouldn't be completely different had Thomas mentioned Brees by name. But he didn't. He spoke in pure football terms. If a defense knows that ANY QB can't push the ball down the field, they will use that to their advantage. And that is the whole source of all of this speculation. It's sad really.

but do you not see the irony here? You don’t know anymore than me of his intentions and that he is or is not calling out his QB...how is this so hard to admit that neither of us truly know what his tweet meant. You be can’t Any more right than me.

one could Argue and say: “he was using terms like ANY QB” as a sub-tweet To not directly attack Brees but actually has the intention to.

...unless you know the guy personally.

you: he is not frustrated
me: he is frustrated

realize that you don’t know anymore than I do. Realize my oponion is just as right as yours. I even said I couldn’t convince you, so educate your little self and realize you won’t be able To convince Me You’re right...especially you have No affiliation With any more insiders than me...What I do have are posts stating he’s frustrated
I'm not the one making wild unsubstantiated speculation about CGM based on a non-denial of an absurd unsubstantiated rumor. You are and that is what your opinion is based on. I'm not attempting to convince you that you are wrong. I'm pointing out that your opinion is nothing more than wild speculation based on unsubstantiated rumors and a non-denial of an absurd question. I don't need to be affiliated with the team or have inside information to recognize that. What you have is wild speculation.

yes it has...but would you be cool with your own teammates calling you Out About it in front of the media? This will tell a lot
I sure would be. I can't do the things I used to do. As a 48 year old police officer, I 'm not jumping out the car running down fools like I used to in the mid 90's. Younger guys say stuff all the time. If I caused something tragic to happen, I most would be called out. Drew isn't above any criticism.

I'm not the one making wild unsubstantiated speculation about CGM based on a non-denial of an absurd unsubstantiated rumor. You are and that is what your opinion is based on. I'm not attempting to convince you that you are wrong. I'm pointing out that your opinion is nothing more than wild speculation based on unsubstantiated rumors and a non-denial of an absurd question. I don't need to be affiliated with the team or have inside information to recognize that. What you have is wild speculation.

but your take and opinion on CGM “is not frustrated“ is a speculation as well...unless you genuinely know him, your opinion and Specuation is no more right than mine

but do you not see the irony here? You don’t know anymore than me of his intentions and that he is or is not calling out his QB...how is this so hard to admit that neither of us truly know what his tweet meant. You be can’t Any more right than me.

one could Argue and say: “he was using terms like ANY QB” as a sub-tweet To not directly attack Brees but actually has the intention to.

...unless you know the guy personally.
There is no irony here. What I have is exactly what he said. What you have is your interpretation and your speculation about what he meant.

Every football analysts has said it. Drew Brees arm has declined would you agree or disagree?
Yes ... but: Is the truth a legit defense here? Does it matter that it's true?

In the grand scheme ... Drew Brees he is retiring, Thomas won't have to work with him anymore, it probably won't have any professional ramifications. It will be water under the bridge in the end. Tweeting anything even semi-negative about a teammate -- especially your team's QB and face of the franchise -- is always going to be blown up ... just the nature of social media..

That's not "my take" at all. My take is that people are reading into CGM statement what they want to. Your "take" is a glaring example of that.

ok. Riddle me this. You’re saying that people are reading into his statement...give me proof that he wasn’t subtweeting.

subtweet: (on the Twitter website) a hostile or otherwise negative post that is addressed to or about a particular person but does not mention the person’s username or does not name the person at all.

I’m being literal and making sense here: that you TRULY DON’T KNOW that he wasn’t doing this...Unless you actually know him personally.

does this make sense?

You do realize that you are asking me to prove a negative, right?

You do realize that I’m just trying get you to understand that neither of us truly knows what his intentions are, right?

Neither of us know what he is truly thinking. Therefore, both you and I can interpret his tweet differently. Unless you know the guy personally, neither of us can be certain what it meant.

why can’t you accept that both of us don‘t really know whether he was subtweeting or not?

Last edited:
You do realize that I’m just trying get you to understand that neither of us truly knows what his intentions are, right?

Neither of us know what he is truly thinking. Therefore, both you and I can interpret his tweet differently. Unless You the guy, neither of us can be certain what it meant.

why can’t you accept that both of us don‘t really know whether he was subtweeting or not?
But I'm not the one making allegations about what he is truly thinking. You are. Again, I would point you to his exact words that has led to whole conversation. I am looking at what he said and what he said is factually accurate.

Put simply, my leg to stand on is based on exactly what he said. Your leg to stand on is based on your speculation and perceived bias toward CGM.

You are assuming or speculating that he is "subtweeting" (I didn't even know this was a thing) without proof. I am looking only at what he said and I am not at all concerned about what he meant. Again, you are looking for proof of a negative.

It seems a large portion of Saints fans are more diva that Thomas. Everyone is up in their feelings about MT calling it how it is. It's been stated time and time again and shown on the football field time and time again that Brees can't throw the deep ball anymore. After last season's loss to the Vikings, what was being said? DBs played up short. The only long completion was by Taysom. Fast forward to this last loss, the only long completion was by Winston. Similarities? Thomas was saying what Minnesota's defensive coaches saw and obviously what Tampa's coaches saw, and y'all are tripping. It takes nothing away from Brees' legacy, it's just father time.

Haha I love having friendly conversations with y'all @Saintamaniac. You guys are what makes this board fun :)

Saintamaniac is saying people are reading too much into what CGM is posting. Therefore, his opinion is that CGM's is addressing QBs in general, not Brees in particular (which, I then said that there's no real legit proof whether or not CGM was calling Brees out since it can be interepreted both ways, and the only real solution is knowing him personally).

But, what confused me is this irony in this quote and tag. Big L agrees with Saintamaniac, but his quote indirectly is saying that CGM is talking about Brees...Which Saintamaniac is saying that's false and people are reading too much into his tweet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom