Is Michael Thomas really a rookie? (1 Viewer)

It was incredible. Not since the Crabtree/Sherman battles of 2013 has a receiver gotten under his skin so much.

I really think Seattle was spent after the long Cardinals game from the week before. I think they weren't expecting a physical game and when they got it, they started looking to the refs to bail them out.

Hocculi and his crew, while annoying at times, call a really no-nonsense game. It was irritating the "Legion of Boom" that they weren't getting bailed out once the Saints started punching back.

Payton had Thomas next to him when Sherman walked up to chat with him after the game...wonder if he whispered anything to him about Thomas. Its no secret we've been looking for that type of WR to go against Sherman since 2013. We were interested in Sammie Coates as well as the continued development of Nick Toon at the time.

Finally got the right guy

Thomas was a boss out on the field yesterday. I also loved the physicality of Snead. He opened up the touchdown for Cooks as well as the space for Cooks' longest reception.

He made Sherman cry to the refs over and over again. LOVED it.

I know Sherman does his homework on the opponent but I don't even think he thought our rookie would be that effective yesterday. Listening to Michael post game ...low key, humble but he demands perfection from himself on every play.

A great student of the game and his position. Same as Cooks but with different body and skills. Snead very athletic. They are a great group and compliment each other.

We have made a point to draft/sign players who have had family play in the NFL, but very rarely does it amount to anything. This is one of the cases where it has clearly benefited the player and the Saints as well.

Keyshawn has a son who will be attending Nebraska next year (as a wr), maybe in 4-5 years we can draft him too, and make this a family affair.

All we need to do is upgrade Coleman with another solid WR and we're set for many, many of years with the best WR core in football. It's just a shame that Brees won't be around for 6+ years to lead this core of receivers.

Upgrade the # 4 recieving spot and we will be set for many years? I dont think you know how talented are recievers are when you have to upgrade the one's who are not starting.

You have Cooks, Thomas and Snead eating up secondaries then you bring in a 6'6 225lb 4.5 reciever to go against your opposing teams 3rd or 4th corner but thats a trouble spot to you? why because he caught the ball short of the first down marker or because he executed that fake run pass against Sherman so well?

Dude is the 4th reciever and will probably have 35 catches for 400yrds by the end of the season.

Upgrade the # 4 recieving spot and we will be set for many years? I dont think you know how talented are recievers are when you have to upgrade the one's who are not starting.

You have Cooks, Thomas and Snead eating up secondaries then you bring in a 6'6 225lb 4.5 reciever to go against your opposing teams 3rd or 4th corner but thats a trouble spot to you? why because he caught the ball short of the first down marker or because he executed that fake run pass against Sherman so well?

Dude is the 4th reciever and will probably have 35 catches for 400yrds by the end of the season.
If you're not looking to upgrade, you're not looking to get better. I'd rather have a better #4WR. Damn straight!

It was incredible. Not since the Crabtree/Sherman battles of 2013 has a receiver gotten under his skin so much.

I really think Seattle was spent after the long Cardinals game from the week before. I think they weren't expecting a physical game and when they got it, they started looking to the refs to bail them out.

Hocculi and his crew, while annoying at times, call a really no-nonsense game. It was irritating the "Legion of Boom" that they weren't getting bailed out once the Saints started punching back.
Yep! It was beautiful.

If Brett Favre and George Blanda can do it into their 40's, then Drew Brees can certainly do it as well (given how well he takes care of his body and prepares in the offseason)!

:gosaints:

I have Brees projected to play through to the age of 42, his last season being 2021.

85,000 yards, 625 TDs

187 wins

One thing I want to see is Michael Thomas need to come up with a 50/50 ball. That's the one thing he hasn't done in regular season yet.

See him covered and see him come down with a ball where a defender might pluck it away if he doesn't play it right. He has done a decent job becoming a defender on a poorly thrown pass or a great defensive play or two though.

Also, a one handed sizzle catch to get some nat'l recognition. See how he responds.

Damn it. I know it's a popularity contest, but ONE receiver for Brees is making a Pro Bowl.

It's only a matter of time before he houses one of these short slants or comebacks. I think it's coming very soon.

One thing I want to see is Michael Thomas need to come up with a 50/50 ball. That's the one thing he hasn't done in regular season yet.

See him covered and see him come down with a ball where a defender might pluck it away if he doesn't play it right. He has done a decent job becoming a defender on a poorly thrown pass or a great defensive play or two though.

Also, a one handed sizzle catch to get some nat'l recognition. See how he responds.

Damn it. I know it's a popularity contest, but ONE receiver for Brees is making a Pro Bowl.

Bree's doesn't really throw to many of those. Cooks had one yesterday and Thomas has something similar over a middle route last week I think but we shall see. Though he wasn't that type of receiver as OSU either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom