Is Michael Thomas really a rookie? (2 Viewers)

I really liked Cooks elevating what looked like five feet to make that grab on the sideline. He went so high, I'm surprised he didn't get nosebleed.

what I am seeing on that field tells me an emphatic NO

his instincts are off the charts

btw, he caught all 6 targets vs Seattle

I remember him not catching a ball and having to bat it down so it wasn't intercepted, so I don't think he caught all his targets. Now he didn't have any drops. However, dude is a beast. Definitely a stud.

Incredibly reliable within 10 yards -- a beast at the line. Looking forward to seeing his development in the intermediate and deep parts of the field.

Coleman MUST go. He'd be much better if he were 5'10. At least he'd be the size that he plays at. Sad but true.

All we need to do is upgrade Coleman with another solid WR and we're set for many, many of years with the best WR core in football. It's just a shame that Brees won't be around for 6+ years to lead this core of receivers.

I get what you're saying about Coleman, I really do, but for me Cooks, Thomas, and Snead is everything I would dare ask for. The Saints don't need to spend any more time on the WR corps. They have a great one.

Keep Coleman or whoever can play the 4th spot for $1 and spend money on defense.

I remember him not catching a ball and having to bat it down so it wasn't intercepted, so I don't think he caught all his targets. Now he didn't have any drops. However, dude is a beast. Definitely a stud.

That stat was reported. I think the play you may be referring to may have been a defensive holding penalty being called on Seattle, thus no play.

Based on yahoo sports play by play:

8 Incompletions

Snead (thrown away under duress)
Snead (dropped pass)
Cooks (arguably a dropped pass for a TD from the Seattle 49)
Hightower (batted ball)
Cadet (slightly overthrown on wheel route, well defended)
Cooks (batted ball)
Hightower (thrown away under duress)
Kuhn (dropped pass)

Amazing to think that 30 of 35 passes were very catchable against this great pass defense.

To take it a step further, on passes Drew tried to complete he was 27-33 with 3 drops.

I finally figured out who he reminds me of, Brandon Marshall

The pure physicality, the instincts, the fight to win one on one battles with the defender

He reminds me of Joe Horn. Sure-handed, saavy route-runner, quick and decisive after the catch. Maybe not quite as vertically dangerous as Joe, but also a little bigger than Joe (and hopefully Thomas has more dependable knee joints).

I think it's only a matter of a time, a short time, before you see Thomas becoming a force. I can see that outside comeback route turning into hitch and go's for long gains and td's. I'd like to see him attacking the seems in the red zone like Colston used to as well. Thinking it won't be long before people start to look at him in the lines of Alshon Jeffery or Brandon Marshall, only better!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom