Is Michael Thomas really a rookie? (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
what I am seeing on that field tells me an emphatic NO

his instincts are off the charts

btw, he caught all 6 targets vs Seattle

He is impressive and I look forward to seeing him in a Saints uniform for many many more years.

I finally figured out who he reminds me of, Brandon Marshall

The pure physicality, the instincts, the fight to win one on one battles with the defender

The play where he made the jumping catch, came down turned around and stiff-armed the DB to the ground, that was beautiful. The sort of thing Colston used to do his first 3-4 years in the league.

he was the difference in this game.

DB9 and the Saints have always been timid as hell playing against SEA. they turn us into pudding. Thomas has no history with any of them, couldn't care who was on the other side of the ball. He did what he wanted to do, as he has done all year. He is really impressive. He settled down DB9 and rid this team of a lot of demons for playing SEA

what I am seeing on that field tells me an emphatic NO

his instincts are off the charts

btw, he caught all 6 targets vs Seattle

Yeah, Thomas is the truth. I'll venture to say that if Ohio ST. was a passing, vertical offense, Thomas wouldve been thee WR of 2016. Thomas' actual skill set were kind of a secret because OSU ran the ball so much and so successfully. Plus, like him, or hate him, Keyshawn Johnson is his uncle and I'm pretty sure he's been in Michael's ear from the get. Thomas is a streamlined version of Marques Colston, and I absolutely love the way he plays the game. I know it's crazy early, but Michael Thomas looks like he's gonna be all world!

All we need to do is upgrade Coleman with another solid WR and we're set for many, many of years with the best WR core in football. It's just a shame that Brees won't be around for 6+ years to lead this core of receivers.

Say what you want about Coleman, he's certainly not perfect but as a #4/5 WR I have no problem with him. That route he ran faking the low block on Sherman was the kind of move you'd see from a Joe Horn and his run after catch is outstanding. And he's still learning how to play, this is a guy you can develop over 3-4 seasons.

Thomas is a man-child. His hands, route running, and technique make him look like he has been doing this in the NFL for years. Can't wait to see how far he goes.

All we need to do is upgrade Coleman with another solid WR and we're set for many, many of years with the best WR core in football. It's just a shame that Brees won't be around for 6+ years to lead this core of receivers.

If Brett Favre and George Blanda can do it into their 40's, then Drew Brees can certainly do it as well (given how well he takes care of his body and prepares in the offseason)!

:gosaints:

Michael Thomas is just down right awesome! I would love to know what Jimmy Graham was thinking when he saw MT churning up his Seattle defense. He had to be jealous knowing Drew and the Saints have definetly replaced him. Probably one of the reasons why he didn't stick around to shake Drew's hand after the game.

He made Sherman cry to the refs over and over again. LOVED it.

It was incredible. Not since the Crabtree/Sherman battles of 2013 has a receiver gotten under his skin so much.

I really think Seattle was spent after the long Cardinals game from the week before. I think they weren't expecting a physical game and when they got it, they started looking to the refs to bail them out.

Hocculi and his crew, while annoying at times, call a really no-nonsense game. It was irritating the "Legion of Boom" that they weren't getting bailed out once the Saints started punching back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom