Is Mike McKenzie going to be in a Saints uniform next year? (1 Viewer)

ColortheCoast

A couple of guys were talking about an interview with MM a couple of weeks ago in which he said that he did not think he would be a part of this team next year because he wasn't one of Paytons guys. Is this true? Do you think his performance on Sunday changed anything?

Besides for the Steelers game when he got caught inside on the run alot, I think he's been playing great this year. I hope we address the CB position in the draft and FA, but I wouldn't mind him coming back for sure.

Does he have 1 or 2 years remaining on his contract?

TPS

We're already weak at corner. If you take McKenzie away we are in really bad shape. Hopefully we keep him and get someone to replace Thomas.

He definitely seemed to be playing a more "ball hawkish" style yesterday. That deep interception was his from the moment it left Smith's hands. Great to see him play with that energy- he used to look like that every week in Green Bay.

And hopefully winning will cure any feeling that he might have about whether to stick around.

I happen to think mike has been a very solid corner... ya we don't hear his name called alot (cept yesterday!), but thats generally a good thing for a cb.

Yeah, I think this week MM listened to Deion's advice: "When the ball's up in the air, it's your ball too." Hate Deion, but I love that mentality for a DB.

-Z

He's not causing any problems that im aware of...I think it would be utterly stupid to get rid of one of our best defensive players.

as long as he's not expected to defend the run, he is good.

yea yesterday i came to a realization about mike and how good he has been for us. I realized how much i forget about champ bailey every week i watch the broncos and thats because he rarelly gets a completion on him or even has anyone throw his way. I noticed how much mckenzie is the same way this week, i really think if we keep him ang get someone like nate clements our secondary would be one of the best.

He has had a quiet year because Fred Thomas is the easier target for the other QB. Why throw to MM if FT is there? Mike is a good corner but will get burned from time to time. All do. He plays the run very good which helps in this defense. I prefer phsical corners to just your zone types. Sure you get pass interference calls but you get more ints.

MM started out shaky against G.B. and Cleveland. He picked up after that. Once Fred got hurt most teams went after him, especially since he was left in man coverage with a hamstring. This was the first time in several games that a team went at MM and he made them pay the price.

Look for Dallas to attack Craft and Fred. After this week I don't think they'll try to mess with MM too much. Both have given up big plays this season. I just hope we make the adjustment with better S help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom