Is MT the best WR to ever suit up for the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Will MT go down as the best Saints WR in history? (Given health)

• He already is.

Votes: 125 57.1%
  • He’s got a great shot at it if he does it for a few more years.

Votes: 33 15.1%
  • Not gonna happen (No one could ever surpass Onome Ojo)

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Not only will he be the best we’ve ever had, he’ll be a HOF’er

Votes: 55 25.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Former Saints WR Wes Chandler has to (at least) be an honorable mention.

In the strike-shortened 1982 season, in eight (8) games, he had over 1000 yds (1032) receiving on just 49 receptions (21.1 ypc). Yikes!

CGM is just a freak... he's already the best Saints WR ever, IMO.

:gosaints:

Its not close. Mike Thomas is entering into a list of guys youd pick for an all time NFL team. He has done things in his first 4 years that no other receiver has done. Not even Jerry Rice could sniff CGM's production his first 4 years. And Jerry Rice is probably the most dominant position player in ALL of sports outside of Michael Jordan as a SG. Think about that.

One thing for sure is that no Saints receiver has ever been more NEEDED than Michael Thomas.
For that reason I have to pick "A". :9:

Not according to my research. The best, by a long shot, is Lance Moore.

If you look at Dance Dance USA scores from 2010 - 2013, Lance Moore is off the chart for TD celebrations. See below:

Lance Moore: Dance Dance USA TD Celebrations
2010 - 123.5
2011 - 134.8
2012 - 129.5
2013 - 115.6*

* there is controversy for the lower than average 2013 grade, due to being flagged for performing the third "hump" during the Key and Peele dance celebration.

MT13 averages just 68.4 for his entire time in the NFL. I think he might get there in the future, but for now we haven't seen any WR in black and gold who is better than Lance Moore.

Mike has been doing great things, but only for a short time. To be a truly great player, you have to do it for a while. If he plays out this season like he started it, I will say yes, even with the short career. He's that good.

Its not close. Mike Thomas is entering into a list of guys youd pick for an all time NFL team. He has done things in his first 4 years that no other receiver has done. Not even Jerry Rice could sniff CGM's production his first 4 years. And Jerry Rice is probably the most dominant position player in ALL of sports outside of Michael Jordan as a SG. Think about that.

I don't want this comment to get passed over. Jerry Rice is the most dominant player at any position in any sport. If you look at the #1 and #2 player in any other position in any other sport, the gap between the 2 is usually fairly close, or maybe even sort of close. The gap between Jerry Rice and whatever receiver is #2 vs his records is the freakin Grand Canyon. It's the largest disparity by far in #1 vs #2 players. Jerry Rice is most certainly the best player at any position in any sport...

but Mike Thomas is outpacing Jerry Rice so far. That's not just good, that's freakishly, insanely good. Baring any sort of set back, Mike Thomas will be in the HOF.

Last edited:
He's starting to get attention as a dark horse NFL MVP candidate:

No he hasn't. He has had the most catches to start a career...Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owen's, Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, and I'm sure there are others have put up better 3.5 years stretches than this.

He is the best by a landslide....in fact, one could argue his first 4 years in the NFL are the best in history if he keeps up anything close to this pace...its not straight line speed or explosiveness after the catch for MT....it is all the little intangibles he uses to get open, he has a way of pushing off and creating separation without it looking like he has (ie, he doesn't fully extend his arm into the defender)....he is a crafty, tricky, large and physical WR with great hands....and most of all....he is driven to be great....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom