Is Nancy Pelosi's job now at stake? (1 Viewer)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Not saying I'm an fan of Pelosi, but definitely interesting. I personally think it's needed...

Washington (CNN)House Democrats decided Tuesday to delay their leadership elections until after Thanksgiving -- a move that will give reeling Democrats time to nurse their wounds and could spell trouble for longtime leader Nancy Pelosi.

"We just had a shellacking. We just got a shellacking last Tuesday. We got an unexpected defeat and we've got to recalibrate it and decide how we go forward," said Rep. G.K. Butterfield, chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus and a Pelosi supporter. "It's just like death. There are difference stages of grief you go through."

The vote is now scheduled for November 30.

As she left the meeting Tuesday, Pelosi downplayed the delay, saying that it doesn't mean "very much because we'll be out for Thanksgiving. But we'll have for the rest of this week to go over some issues."

No formal challenger has surfaced to Pelosi, but Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan has emerged as the de facto leader of a younger group of House Democrats looking for new direction.
Nancy Pelosi in trouble as House Democrats delay vote? - CNNPolitics.com

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not a Democrat, but, I think if the Democrats were smart, they'd pick another leader. I don't hate Pelosi, but I've never felt like she was a good leader. I think they can do much better.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pelosi is everything that's wrong with the Democrats. She's an elitist that thinks she knows what the people need despite what they tell her.

People like her are why I can't ever register as a Democrat despite my feelings about today's GOP.

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
Trust needs to be restored (if it ever existed) in a big, big way. Anyone connected to the Clintons should be removed from a leadership position. The Obama, Bernie, etc should be the direction the party takes and a movement towards youth needs to happen. The voter's need to be energized in a big way.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pelosi is the representative of the most liberal left leaning district in the US. She doesn't have to really even try to get re elected because the republican screaming and yelling about her makes her constituents very happy. She serves her district very very well, but is slightly left of mainstream democrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Pelosi is the representative of the most liberal left leaning district in the US. She doesn't have to really even try to get re elected because the republican screaming and yelling about her makes her constituents very happy. She serves her district very very well, but is slightly left of mainstream democrats.

No doubt, but I think the contingent of those opposed to her in the House Democratic caucus has grown to where her days as minority leader might be numbered.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well, she can certainly continue serving her district very well in a different capacity. There are lots of committees she could still serve on. She not the picture of leadership the Democrats need IMO. They really need fresh vision and a more positive approach to governing. The constant getting into mudslinging is a tired old act. Instead of right/left, the party that proposes fresh new ideas and vision is the party I want to be associated with. Both parties have been abject failures on this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom