Is New Orleans a good candidate for Amazon's 2nd headquarters?[did not make cut] (1 Viewer)

My understanding is that Boston and Atlanta are leading the way. I’ve already been putting construction budgets in for Boston. They seem to be pretty confident they will pull it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because they're a bunch of funny talking smug Boston yanks. Atlanta is going all out. They will be a finalist.

Boston would actually surprise me given the apparent corporate culture there. Chicago would surprise me less and it'd surprise me a lot. I think they're on there because they're big cities and they don't want to snub them to be honest.

Seeing as the DC area is on there 3 times, looks like pretty good odds. And it will probably be Northern VA since they have the lowest taxes. I really don't want them to come here.

I think you're right. I think if Austin was in EST no one else would be in the running, the no income tax as a selling point for new employees and moving people from no income tax WA would be too strong with everything else.

Atlanta is really a no brainer for them. I'm kinda surprised that Phoenix didn't make the cut, but I guess they're already on the west coast, so something more east makes sense.

Toronto is DOA with the demise of NAFTA

Seeing as the DC area is on there 3 times, looks like pretty good odds. And it will probably be Northern VA since they have the lowest taxes. I really don't want them to come here.

I think you're right. I think if Austin was in EST no one else would be in the running, the no income tax as a selling point for new employees and moving people from no income tax WA would be too strong with everything else.

Actually they are having a boom of data centers in northern Virginia. I’m there all the time for work and it’s become a norm for bidding in that area. This wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually they are having a boom of data centers in northern Virginia. I’m there all the time for work and it’s become a norm for bidding in that area. This wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Yea I live in NoVA and I know its a good problem to have but I'm sick of the development. Cost of living has gotten out of hand.

Meanwhile Baltimore, just 40 miles away, continues to struggle. Not sure why it always seems to get passed over. It has the exact same labor pool as DC, and the cost of living is so much more reasonable. Most 20-somethings would gladly live there over DC if it had the jobs.

Baltimore seems like a sister to NOLA, lots of beautiful and ugly. Maybe some McDonogh thing.

Maybe New Orleans gets a second shot?

Amazon cancels plans to build New York headquarters

New York (CNN Business)Amazon is ditching its plans to build a new headquarters in New York after facing backlash from members of the community.
"After much thought and deliberation, we've decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens," Jodi Seth, an Amazon spokeswoman, said in a statement.

In the statement, Amazon noted that "a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/tech/amazon-hq2-nyc/index.html

Maybe New Orleans gets a second shot?

Amazon cancels plans to build New York headquarters

New York (CNN Business)Amazon is ditching its plans to build a new headquarters in New York after facing backlash from members of the community.
"After much thought and deliberation, we've decided not to move forward with our plans to build a headquarters for Amazon in Long Island City, Queens," Jodi Seth, an Amazon spokeswoman, said in a statement.

In the statement, Amazon noted that "a number of state and local politicians have made it clear that they oppose our presence and will not work with us to build the type of relationships that are required to go forward with the project we and many others envisioned in Long Island City."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/tech/amazon-hq2-nyc/index.html

Amazonas México :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom