Is no news good news regarding Brees? (1 Viewer)

I don't see Brees returning no earlier than the Chiefs game. Having him play in a potential cold weather game in Philly when he's recovering from cracked ribs and a lung issue makes no sense to me.

there are no rules stopping us from putting his head on a younger body so he can play for 20 more years

From my response to a Training Camp thread:​
20⁸?
That's jumping waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy into the Future: The Year 25,600,000,000​
[And Drew Brees is STILL setting new records since he selected to go bionic when The Singularity was reached in the 2030's...]​
(And, sadly, he's no longer a New Orleans Saint as the team moved to another galaxy Far, Far Away.)​
: - ) )

I see no reason to hurry him. He has injuries on both sides, plus a lung. It’s not like he can error and attempt to take the hit on a different side. One more game and the Saints are in the playoffs, so really I’d rather have him completely healed and ready to go

I had 7 fractures all on the left side and a collapsed lung. I quit feeling pain when I did normal things like sit up, lay down, cough, and laugh after 4 weeks, but the doctors told me that only represented nascent healing and it would take 2-4 weeks before I could do anything that would risk falling. He is an incredible athlete so he could have a quicker healing process, but I should note that I was younger than he is now and he has more fractures than I had. I think it is going to take the rest of the season before he is released to play. I hope I am wrong and it is sooner.

Theres no need to rush. The chiefs game isn't important as many people think. Its an afc game and even if we lose we will still have an NFC tiebreaker with the seahawks and packers. As long as Brees is healthy for the last dance HURRAH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom