Is OT Ryan Clady an Option at 10? (1 Viewer)

this draft is fairly deep at OT, tho not necessarily LT... there are two OTs rated ahead of clady, 3 if you count long - williams and otah... two more are rated after him, nicks and baker, so that's 6 "premier" OTs in this draft with many others at not quite the same status...

i'd be for taking BPA @ 10 unless a decent trade materializes... and to the guy who posted that it's "not gonna happen" re: brown moving to RT, why not (if it strengthens the team)?... brown's contract, while based on LT, won't look so bad for a RT in a year or two

Do you think Brown would agree to move to RT if he knew it would result in a smaller 2nd contract?

I would honestly love this pick. If we sign corey williams in f/a i would be estatic. I mean guys he would be here for a while and would help our running game a lot. There are a lot of good players on d we can get in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round

Brown, Stinch, Strief and Bushrod... if we take an OT at #10 this will spell the end of either Stinch (GOD please) or Brown... :scratch:

That's probably the ONE pick that would make me break my TV

It all depends on what happens in free agency. If the Saints sign a stud CB, LB and DT or trade for one of these, then Clady would be an excelent pick at #10. They certainly need help at tackle. Stinchcomb was knocked around all last season and Brown seems to be overrated at LT. He is probably a better fit at RT.

The best rule of thumb is to build through the draft and fill holes with free agency. I know that everyone wants a stud CB or LB, but with the exception of Pat Willis in SF, not too many rookies can come in and make an immediate impact early in the season. Even Champ Bailey too a year or so to develop. He certainly took his bumps and bruises like a rookie CB mostly always will.

I agree- we need talent on defense, but you always take the best available player, regardless of position.

if we draft any offensive position in the 1st round please check the boards becasue i will be selling my season tickets. This includes McFadden

People...please stop regurgitating the best player available line. this is bs. How can you determine the bpa if they play different positions? draft players for what you need. especially when you have everyone in the draft to consider except the 9 people picked before you.

For those against taking Clady if he is there at 10, what would happen if Palko (lefty) gets the backup spot and Brees goes down. Right tackle is now the protector of the blind spot.

A stud OL is the only offensive position I wouldn't be upset about taking in the first round. Other than that (even DMac), I hope we go defense.

One thing to keep in mind, a position of presumed strength could become a huge position of need before training camp ends.
That's why "within reason" you pick the BPA.
When we picked Duece, most said "Why we have Ricky Williams".
When we picked W.Smith, most said "Why we have Grant and Howard"
Regardless, they turned out alright.
Where as we had to have a DT, so we picked Sullivan.
We needed a speedy WR, so we picked Stallworth.
If you concentrate on a position, more than on the player, you could get in trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom