Is OT Ryan Clady an Option at 10? (1 Viewer)

If there isn't a TOP quality D pick at 10, I hope we get a really sweet deal from someone in trade. Player or multiple picks... Otherwise you have to go BPA, and I wouldn't blame them for doing it. I just hope we can get someone at D there or trade for a host of later picks...

I agree- we need talent on defense, but you always take the best available player, regardless of position.

Disagree with the regardless part.

What if the best player on our board at 10 is a QB. OK fine, we take him.

The 2nd round pick comes around and whoa, the BPA on our board is another QB.

Do you take a 2nd QB in the draft?

What if BPA in round 3 is yet another QB?

BPA isn’t cut and dry. Needs (or not-needs) have to play a part somewhere.

Disagree with the regardless part.

What if the best player on our board at 10 is a QB. OK fine, we take him.

The 2nd round pick comes around and whoa, the BPA on our board is another QB.

Do you take a 2nd QB in the draft?

What if BPA in round 3 is yet another QB?

BPA isn’t cut and dry. Needs (or not-needs) have to play a part somewhere.

Exactly BDA is just as important as BPA--IMO

As weird as it sounds or seems, BPA is how to draft. The FO ranks every prospect from #1 to whatever number is last. If the a player is available at the spot we pick in that is ranked higher on our chart, we should take him. A few exceptions should apply based on actual need. For example, a QB should fall slightly by default b/c we have Brees. Running Backs would be slightly undervalued because of our backfield. Yet both QB and RB would still be on the board with their appropriate adjusted value.

IMO, offensive linemen are always a commodity. Take the good ones when you can.

Following my reasoning, I would not be upset at all if Clady were our pick at #10. If somehow we have a runningback at number 5-8 on the big board, getting him at # 10 would be a good pick. And even if one of the high rated QB's were very high on our board, I think it would still be a good pick. Would I be surprised? Yes. Would the FO be wrong? Not really. It's about taking the best projected player.

The draft is about stockpiling talent. We all recognize where our holes are on the team that need addressing, yet taking the best value at that spot is the best way to go. It all goes back to how the FO ranks the players on the big board.

Did I mention that great offensive linemen are always a commodity??

Do you think Brown would agree to move to RT if he knew it would result in a smaller 2nd contract?
i think brown would agree to move wherever the staff moves him, and to play at as high a professional level as he can... this is a team sport

As weird as it sounds or seems, BPA is how to draft. The FO ranks every prospect from #1 to whatever number is last. If the a player is available at the spot we pick in that is ranked higher on our chart, we should take him. A few exceptions should apply based on actual need. For example, a QB should fall slightly by default b/c we have Brees. Running Backs would be slightly undervalued because of our backfield. Yet both QB and RB would still be on the board with their appropriate adjusted value.

IMO, offensive linemen are always a commodity. Take the good ones when you can.

Following my reasoning, I would not be upset at all if Clady were our pick at #10. If somehow we have a runningback at number 5-8 on the big board, getting him at # 10 would be a good pick. And even if one of the high rated QB's were very high on our board, I think it would still be a good pick. Would I be surprised? Yes. Would the FO be wrong? Not really. It's about taking the best projected player.

The draft is about stockpiling talent. We all recognize where our holes are on the team that need addressing, yet taking the best value at that spot is the best way to go. It all goes back to how the FO ranks the players on the big board.

Did I mention that great offensive linemen are always a commodity??

And I think Clady is a better prospect than Jammal Brown was when he came out. Imagine getting an O-lineman better than Jammal Brown, with Alleman and Bushrod developing as planned and Evans already being fantastic.

Bress will have all day to throw and Bush/Thomas may acytually see some huge holes to run through..

Clady at 10 would be fine with me.

I got a feeling any guy nicknamed 'Big Prison' would speak up about being moved rom LT to RT.

Although I want Defense as much as everyone else there are a couple rules that the good teams follow. One, draft BPA and do not draft for need. If you draft for need you tend to reach. Two, build from the inside out. You can never have enough lineman. Just ask the Rams and the Chiefs about the lack of an offensive line and how it will stop a prolific offense (Rams) and make a superstar RB become a regular RB (LJ).

Also, we have a ton of money tied up in Brees, Bush and Deuce. Putting up a brick wall to protect them is better than putting up brick posts with gaps around them. We need to protect our investments and if drafting a OL as the BPA, then I guess it's a move we will have to live with and reap the rewards later with a healthy offense.

I would love Ellis, Dorsey or Gholston. DRC is who we need, but DRC might be a reach at 10 whereas Clady gives us possibly the best OL in the draft. JL is ranked higher, but Clady is the one everyone is talking about.

Anyway we look at it we pretty much have 2 first round picks this year b/c we redshirted Meachem and he will be the WR that we expect him to be. If he can run a route and catch a ball, Brees will turn him into a stud WR.

we have a highly rated ol and depth with streif , so I would go with my highest rated Defensive player,

Dorsey
Ellis
Harvey (best true De from florida, great in our rotation)
Rivers
phillips
Conner
kentwan balmer
DRC
mike jenkins
-Aqib Talib
brandon flowers
curtis lofton

one of these , depending on combine, some will rise some will fall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom