Is our Future OK with Grayson? (1 Viewer)

Nothing has really stood out to me about Grayson. I do think that he should be the backup and that we shouldn't carry three QB's this year. He did well enough to replace McCown IMO. I know McCown has flashed, but let's not forget that he's already had plenty of regular season experience. His ceiling has been reached while Grayson is still figuring it out.

I just remember watching Russell Wilson and Derek Carr in their first preseason and immediately liking their play at the QB position. I just haven't gotten that same feeling from watching Grayson.

I completely agree with everything you've said. Despite not being impressed with Grayson before drafting him or after drafting him, I am seeing progression.

What's interesting is that upon seeing a few of Brissett's passes, I sent texts to a few buddies of mine proclaiming that he is a future starter. As expected, Brissett also had some flashes and some bad plays but there is something about him that strongly suggests to me that he has "IT". I would keep that guy on the radar over the next few years...

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:7472dec085604deb926c3bd0d6b02357-1F4JqHAVDE3b310fa7719677a5ee-366_634x454.jpg

His throwing lane is lower than Drew Brees even though he is 3 inches taller...

That and his eye discipline is for ****. Dude stares at his target from snap to release.

Future? You mean the future of the Saibts backup QB position. We can't have a semi-serious conversion about him bring the hier to Brees until the guy can pass McCown on the depth chart.

Not doing any kind of analysis here, but the 3rd string QB (Brissett) of NE looked more polished than Grayson...

Look at their draft profiles, and then look at their play in preseason. It appears that NE has the better QB.

Jacoby Brissett Draft Profile

Garrett Grayson Draft Profile

My mistake. I confused Jacoby Brissett with Brett Hundley. I know it's only preseason, but both QBs look better than Grayson. In all honesty, I'm sure the Saints will have to give Grayson a chance to prove himself when Drew retires. However, if I was the Saints, I would pull a trade with either New England or Greenbay to get one of these guys.

Future? You mean the future of the Saibts backup QB position. We can't have a semi-serious conversion about him bring the hier to Brees until the guy can pass McCown on the depth chart.

Sammy - i was worried GG was a wash, but I saw the kid lead 2 TD drives in the 1st half against the Pats defense. Not bad, imho

Or maybe we want to be awful so we get a good shot at the next franchise QB, Myles Garrett, or my future obsession, Leonard Fournette...

You really think that real NFL professionals, management and coaches, do you think they actually ever have that kind of mindset? I'm pretty sure not, yet this kinda thing gets repeated all the time. There's no evidence that they behave that way. Intentionally losing for a better draft pick? That just doesn't happen, but if you have any evidence for it I'd love to see it.

Unlikely for several reasons--the statistical probability of a third - round quarterback becoming a future NFL starter, his lack of substantial progress, his inability to beat out McCown as the number two QB. Yes, it's too early to say it won't happen, but it's not too early to say it probably will not happen.

The Grayson pick was confusing. Yes, he has made strides and looked a lot better last game. He stands in the pocket with much more poise but to me his armstrength is very average and he is not all that accurate throwing the ball, as evidenced on the first pass the other night. He made Michael Thomas work for those incredible catches, more a testament to Thomas' insane athletic ability.

I dunno..My hunch is that he's not the heir apparent, but could be a very decent backup somewhere with more work. Hate it for him but I just don't see anything that leads me to believe otherwise.

I really liked what I saw from Grayson. Even the pick 6 wasn't all on him, he didn't put it in the best location, but Coleman has got to pull that in. I think another couple of years behind Brees will do him wonders. I'm really encouraged.

I'm not seeing it yet.

Too me he just doesn't look natural playing QB. He seems to play clumsy and tends to rush things. The rushing thing can be corrected, But I'm not sure about the rest. I don't think he will be the #2 QB this year.

Him playing QB is sorta like watching Shayne Graham kick. You are happy it went through, but all the mechanics seem off.

I'm not seeing it yet.

Too me he just doesn't look natural playing QB. He seems to play clumsy and tends to rush things. The rushing thing can be corrected, But I'm not sure about the rest. I don't think he will be the #2 QB this year.

Him playing QB is sorta like watching Shayne Graham kick. You are happy it went through, but all the mechanics seem off.

this. I don't see how anyone could be comfortable or confident that he could be our future QB. He is still young so i want go on about it but he is no where ready to be playing in the NFL, hopefully Bree's plays long enough for this kid to learn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom