Is our Future OK with Grayson? (1 Viewer)

The pass was to Brandon Coleman. It was late, behind him, and he was being triple covered. Coleman reached back, got a hand on it, popped it up, and right into the waiting arms of Jamie Collins. 90% of the that pick six was on Grayson to his credit he did bounce and played better after.

This may not be the best quality but its all I can get from a freeze-frame of that play. The ball isn't behind him... its in front of him but he alligator-armed it because he knew he was gonna get killed. he actually slowed up on the route too.

I blame Grayson for his decision to make that throw into coverage, but Coleman has to at least try to make that play. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20160...gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000684092&tab=recap

The 2nd pic you can see him begin to reach out to get the ball

3rd pick he's actually reaching for it out in front.

4th pick is a better shot. Ball is out in front.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_177 Aug. 12 09.04.jpg
    ScreenHunter_177 Aug. 12 09.04.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
  • ScreenHunter_178 Aug. 12 09.08.jpg
    ScreenHunter_178 Aug. 12 09.08.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ScreenHunter_179 Aug. 12 09.09.jpg
    ScreenHunter_179 Aug. 12 09.09.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenHunter_180 Aug. 12 09.12.jpg
    ScreenHunter_180 Aug. 12 09.12.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for that! That makes me feel a little better.

It was definitely a gutsy move to throw it into double coverage but you have to think that your 6'5" receiver can box out the other guys if you throw it there. He's in FRONT of the other two guys and needs to use his body.

What I saw was him throwing off his back foot more than once.

I agree with those who see a problem with mechanics.

Grayson reminds me a lot of Tyler Palko, one of our practice squad QBs from 2007 - 2008. An athletic lefty that can make some plays but ultimately has trouble running a team. I still think he might be a viable backup, but I doubt Drew's replacement is on the team now.

This may not be the best quality but its all I can get from a freeze-frame of that play. The ball isn't behind him... its in front of him but he alligator-armed it because he knew he was gonna get killed. he actually slowed up on the route too.

I blame Grayson for his decision to make that throw into coverage, but Coleman has to at least try to make that play. Watch New Orleans Saints vs. New England Patriots [08/11/2016] - NFL.com

The 2nd pic you can see him begin to reach out to get the ball

3rd pick he's actually reaching for it out in front.

4th pick is a better shot. Ball is out in front.

Wow - Good stuff Droopy - thx. Thomas, Fleener or the old Colston makes that catch. Brees throws into a lot of tight windows depending on his receivers to pull the ball down.

Wow - Good stuff Droopy - thx. Thomas, Fleener or the old Colston makes that catch. Brees throws into a lot of tight windows depending on his receivers to pull the ball down.

Exactly. When I saw the play I said to myself "Colston made that catch a ton". What this says is that Coleman can't be trusted to make tough catches, and for a guy that big... its not a good sign. I'd bet that Mike Thomas would have made that play.

Thanks for that! That makes me feel a little better.

It was definitely a gutsy move to throw it into double coverage but you have to think that your 6'5" receiver can box out the other guys if you throw it there. He's in FRONT of the other two guys and needs to use his body.

Perfect! thx. Yes a 6'5" WR with arms down to the ground should snatch that out of the air over 6 foot CBs and Safeties.

Brees is probably the most accurate QB of all time with deft touch. That pass he dropped into the basket for Cooks in Q1 was really a sick throw. Cooks was so well covered and Brees gently put it in Cooks basket. We can't compare GG to Brees.

Yeah, if I'm the Saints, I'm playing Grayson 3 quarters every pre season game. Luke McCown is 35, he doesn't need to be seeing extensive playing time anymore. Get Grayson all the real reps while you can. I even argued this last year when the playoffs were out the window, Brees should have been benched and Grayson put in the games to get experience.

I am pretty stoked about the Saints even without Brees if, the Lord Forgive, it does come to that. The weapons SP has assembled are lethal: Cooks, Thomas, Sneed and Fleener then a Top 10 RB in Ingram with Spiller and Hightower as backups with Lasco a potential stud.

I am not at all excited about our O-line. I think our guards are not NFL starting caliber. But one good draft for a couple of road graders next year and our offense is lethal. So if Brees gets hurt, Lord forgive, I think in 2017 Grayson could lead us to the playoffs if the defense continues to improve.

I don't see gloom and doom after Brees. imho, it looks like SP, Loomis and ireland have done a superb job of completely over-hauling the team while keeping us competitive for the post Brees era

Truthfully, I feel like 2016-2017 is our last real chance at anything with Brees. Almost a Denver mentality of just going all in to go out on top, so I would contact Dallas and see what they want for G Ron Leary. I know a few months ago, the asking price was a 2nd round pick but perhaps it's dropped since then. All I know is we have to fix this damn interior line. Armstead and Unger need major help, bad.

He seems to have it under control.

4008079-grayson+01.jpg

We do need a bigger sample size before making a determination. His night was a mix of good and bad but he was much better than McCown was with the third team. Grayson does have good mobility and deceptive speed.

The pass was to Brandon Coleman. It was late, behind him, and he was being triple covered. Coleman reached back, got a hand on it, popped it up, and right into the waiting arms of Jamie Collins. 90% of the that pick six was on Grayson to his credit he did bounce and played better after.

No it was not. Coleman got alligator arms.

Qb Will Grier will be available in 2 to 3 years.
The Florida gator transferred to WVU and will start
In 2017. Very legit prospect.

Here's a thought that I had when listening to the Patriot's broadcasters...Garoppolo is solid, but not spectacular but he will have outstanding players around him (Gronk, Bennett, Edelman...). They said that he doesn't need to be Brady, he just needs to be average and competent.

I think the same will go for Grayson or whoever takes over for Brees in a few years. As good as Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Fleener are now....imagine them in a couple of years. We're rebuilding defense in a meaningful way. RBs look solid too with Lasco on board. We're building a young, productive, hungry team. We just need a decent quarterback...we aren't going to get another Brees.

Did anyone see Osweiler play last year? Or Manning for that matter? The play of everyone around them is so good that they just need to be ok to be a really good team. Hopefully Grayson (or someone) turns into a Favre/Rogers situation but, if not, I think the team is preparing to still be in good shape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom