Is our Future OK with Grayson? (1 Viewer)

I don't think you can really judge a non-mobile QB until he has a legit NFL quality line protecting him. I know Grayson can move but he's not a 'running' QB like Wilson. Young QB's have to know they can at least complete their drop before pressure arrives or they're never going to settle down. I think it would have been a different story if Armstead was sealing the blind side and Peat was handling RG.

I think like the other positions on the field, you want to draft another guy no matter what. Nothing makes a player work harder than knowing there's another guy on the roster with the same goal.

I don't think you can really judge a non-mobile QB until he has a legit NFL quality line protecting him. I know Grayson can move but he's not a 'running' QB like Wilson. Young QB's have to know they can at least complete their drop before pressure arrives or they're never going to settle down. I think it would have been a different story if Armstead was sealing the blind side and Peat was handling RG.

yes - On the pass to Thomas near the sideline about 25 yards downfield where Thomas made a spectacular catch, Grayson got slammed in the face as he was releasing the ball. It showed guts on Grayson's part for hanging in and completing the throw. That was a Big Ben type throw.

Exactly. When I saw the play I said to myself "Colston made that catch a ton". What this says is that Coleman can't be trusted to make tough catches, and for a guy that big... its not a good sign. I'd bet that Mike Thomas would have made that play.

Oh how I wish Prater did not get hurt.

I never liked the draft pick. Nothing against the person, but say Drew plays another 2+ years, and hopefully doesn't get injured during that time. They basically wasted a 3rd rd pick on a clipboard holder for 4 years. Then his rookie contract will be ending and he'll have almost no real experience and they'll have to decide if he is really the future.

Developing QBs has become a lost art in this league. If coach is smart (and he is) I think that he will give Grayson time to grow in the system. Grayson is still showing the nerves and once he settled he looked better. He showed nice touch on his passes and an element you rarely see from Brees: good running ability. I personally think we could be on to something.
Build a solid defense to buy him time to grow like they did for Russell Wilson and the Seachicks. He has the tools. But will they give him the time?

He started shaky then led the team to 2 TDs in a half. He seemed to settle down after the int. Do you think that after another year under Brees he will be ready to lead the Saints?

Personally I feel a lot better about our future.

Sorry,but I'll pass on Grayson! We need to find a much better Qb,then what we have!

What I saw was him throwing off his back foot more than once.

I agree with those who see a problem with mechanics.

Guess you haven't watched drew much. When he can't step up comfortably he usually throws off his back foot. Not all that unusual in those circumstances.

None of us knows this answer. None of us has seen enough.

That said, if we want the level of play that we have from brees? The answer is unquestionably "no". No one can play as well as drew brees. We have been badly spoiled with brees. Frankly, we dserve to be spoiled after the years we've had to stomach.

When brees is gone, expect a big dropoff whether its grayson or someone else. There is just no way to replace that level of play on such a consistent basis.

Truthfully, I feel like 2016-2017 is our last real chance at anything with Brees. Almost a Denver mentality of just going all in to go out on top, so I would contact Dallas and see what they want for G Ron Leary. I know a few months ago, the asking price was a 2nd round pick but perhaps it's dropped since then. All I know is we have to fix this damn interior line. Armstead and Unger need major help, bad.

IDK. Like you mentioned, the OL is a weakness. There is no continuity along it, and nexxt year Ungers contact is over, Strief might not be here, Peat might be playing a different position than this year. Armstead hasnt practiced once yet. He will have alot of rust once he starts. As of now the defense is better no doubt but now the offensive line is going to be worse than last year. The defense better play lights out.

I saw progression form year one to year two. terrible pass on pick 6 but he settled down and made some good throws. Throws a catchable deep ball. Get mobility and solid pocket awareness. Oline play espicially Peat put him in some bad situations. I think year 3 in the same system wil really show you where he gonna be

I never liked the draft pick. Nothing against the person, but say Drew plays another 2+ years, and hopefully doesn't get injured during that time. They basically wasted a 3rd rd pick on a clipboard holder for 4 years. Then his rookie contract will be ending and he'll have almost no real experience and they'll have to decide if he is really the future.

This. As long as we resign Drew and he doesn't drop off, if Garrett does develop into something he's going to be showcasing it for another team because he'll be a FA and go on the Osweiler plan. I think Drew’s heir is still in college somewhere; the guy that I have my eyes on is Pat Mahomes at Texas Tech.

It's insanely early to tell. But if I was to make a knee jerk overreaction on the small bit I've seen of him on the field so far...NO, I dont think he's our guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom