Is our Future OK with Grayson? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
He started shaky then led the team to 2 TDs in a half. He seemed to settle down after the int. Do you think that after another year under Brees he will be ready to lead the Saints?

Personally I feel a lot better about our future.

I think he has the skills, he just needs more snaps. Some people on here defend Peat till the end that he needs more snaps, some people think Coleman needs more time but a guy like Grayson playing the hardest position on the field in a very sophisticated offense being held to a hall of fame QB standard is killed on here. We saw our depth isn't great at o line and WR so until he plays more with the 1s we won't know how good. I think he needs to play the rest of the preseason after Drew with the ones. The odds of him being top 5 and future hall of fame is very rare, especially when the QB before you was but I think he has skills to be top 10/15 and with our young receivers and RB I think that is more than enough imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to tell right now if he will be our qb of the future, but going by today game he is not ready yet. Do not stand well in the pocket.

But he was drafted as a project for a reason and going against 1's and 2's for the first time should be a good experience for him.

He started shaky then led the team to 2 TDs in a half. He seemed to settle down after the int. Do you think that after another year under Brees he will be ready to lead the Saints?

Personally I feel a lot better about our future.

Whoever follows Brees will be a down grade, sucks for whoever and sucks for the fans.

I think so, he showed he can beat you with his arm or his feet last night. He still has some jitters, but the thing I wanted to see last night was how he would respond to that first pick. He came back, drove the team down the field and scored and converted a 2 pt. conversion.

He showed a lot of resolve last night, then turned the reigns over to McCown who forgot how to QB during the off season.

I think so, he showed he can beat you with his arm or his feet last night. He still has some jitters, but the thing I wanted to see last night was how he would respond to that first pick. He came back, drove the team down the field and scored and converted a 2 pt. conversion.

He showed a lot of resolve last night, then turned the reigns over to McCown who forgot how to QB during the off season.

I think what you saw from McCown was the lack of depth around him and that's what Grayson deals with all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one complaint about him is how low he keeps his elbow when he is throwing the ball. This is one of his mechanically flaws... It leads to accuracy issues!

635769671633230192-NOGB1.jpg

Teams don't often lose franchise QBs then have anything resembling a good season afterwards. That's why you can probably recall every time it's happened recently.

So all the "If Brees gets hurt, we're in trouble."

Think the Packers would be in a good place if they lost Rodgers? It's to be expected that the guy who is your backup isn't as good or nearly as good.

Hopefully, our defense improves enough so that in the even the unfortunate happened, we could at least be competitive...

Or maybe we want to be awful so we get a good shot at the next franchise QB, Myles Garrett, or my future obsession, Leonard Fournette...

I don't know. I do think the Saints need to start letting him get all the preseason snaps after Brees is finished with his so we get a better idea. Grayson needs more snaps. Also let him play the whole game in week 4 of preseason.

The jury is still out.

What he did yesterday was something dozens of other young backup QBs will do throughout the preseason. Make mistakes, show some flashes, look average. There was nothing that made me say "yep, that's our future starter." But there was also nothing that made me say it's impossible either.

I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying that I honestly have no idea and I don't think anyone else really does either.

I do know that I'm in absolutely no hurry to see Brees leave this team.

Nothing has really stood out to me about Grayson. I do think that he should be the backup and that we shouldn't carry three QB's this year. He did well enough to replace McCown IMO. I know McCown has flashed, but let's not forget that he's already had plenty of regular season experience. His ceiling has been reached while Grayson is still figuring it out.

I just remember watching Russell Wilson and Derek Carr in their first preseason and immediately liking their play at the QB position. I just haven't gotten that same feeling from watching Grayson.

Just curious but how often do these QBs that are "projects" behind a starter for X years actually step up and take over?

Rodgers was an anomaly, Brady was exception to the rule case , most times it seems they move on and are mediocre like Chase Daniels

GG has 4 yr deal so if Brees is extended GG will be in second contract , he maybe trade bait before then

When I saw him take the feild early last night I thought this maybe an audition for that purpose

Should Brees had to sit JM is still best option

I didn't always love his footwork last night, but overall I thought he played very well. He made good secondary reads. He checked out of bad plays into good ones. He showed a good arm. He played pretty smart; although, he did seem a bit rushed early on. He needs to settle down, get more reps, and keep improving. Yes, I think he has a bright future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom