Saints Is Patrick Robinson a roster lock? (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
He carries what looks like a sizable cap hit for 2019, but I’m not going to pretend I understand how the cap works exactly.
I did read that veteran salaries become guaranteed if the make the team out of TC.

The fact that he gave up an easy TD and played well into the 4th quarter can’t help his case. If he was viewed as a lock, he wouldn’t have playing in the 4th quarter of the 1st preseason game... right?

If PJ is ahead of him, and it doesn’t look like PJ is going to get suspended... then he could possibly be a “surprise “ cut when the final roster comes out

If someone can't cut it then they shouldn't be on the team. That said it is still early in the preseason. I'm sure most vets during this time are more focused on not getting injured. You couple that with young players fighting hard to make the team most vets probably are going to look bad in games that do not count.

If someone can't cut it then they shouldn't be on the team. That said it is still early in the preseason. I'm sure most vets during this time are more focused on not getting injured. You couple that with young players fighting hard to make the team most vets probably are going to look bad in games that do not count.

Yeah, but if the coaching staff views a player as a starting/important piece, then they wouldn’t play them late into the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game.

Considering it would cost more to cut him than to keep him, I'm pretty sure hes pretty much a lock

You have to remember, he is coming back from a pretty bad ankle injury

That info is important... as I said, I don’t really u sweat and the cap/dead money stuff.

That info is important... as I said, I don’t really u sweat and the cap/dead money stuff.

I was wrong on it costing more, forgot its post June 1st

Cut outright we would take a 5.2 mil cap hit, so save 100,000 on cap space, and have 2 million dead cap next season

Now, he could be a candidate for a trade, that would cost about 3.75 million, and save around 1.6 million

Either way, I dont see them taking either route, because we will not be able to replace a player of his caliber with the little bit of savings

He carries what looks like a sizable cap hit for 2019, but I’m not going to pretend I understand how the cap works exactly.
I did read that veteran salaries become guaranteed if the make the team out of TC.

The fact that he gave up an easy TD and played well into the 4th quarter can’t help his case. If he was viewed as a lock, he wouldn’t have playing in the 4th quarter of the 1st preseason game... right?

If PJ is ahead of him, and it doesn’t look like PJ is going to get suspended... then he could possibly be a “surprise “ cut when the final roster comes out

It's kind of a toss up with him right now

I would say it's more likely he is on the team week 1.

Now if we had a lot of depth there, then he could be on the hot seat.

Also I will say I don't think it's that unordinary that he got an extended look last game. He got hurt early in the year last year and was on the IR the rest of the season.

He still fully hasn't had a chance to mesh with the rest of the secondary.

Whether hes a lock or not, I wouldnt be surprised to see him get a lot of Snaps this whole preseason.

For now I would say hes safe, but if CJ Gardner-Johnson starts to show out, like hes capable of he could be in a lot of trouble

He's pretty good when played nickel last year DURING the season and POOR in preseason.

So, wait... Also... They got Prob in some crap match up all over the field, because Allen wants to be cute and stupid with trying different coverage packages that don't make sense.

He's pretty good when played nickel last year DURING the season and POOR in preseason.

So, wait... Also... They got Prob in some crap match up all over the field, because Allen wants to be cute and stupid with trying different coverage packages that don't make sense.
This nearly sounds like a drunken post.

He is a veteran presence in a defensive backfield that is really young so I believe it is very likely that he stays this year - Now next year is a different story.

Nope. He looked like trash out there and smiling after getting scorched didn't do him no favors either. Now the guy everybody should be talking about is Crawley , dude is breaking up passes, grabbing ints, and having no press clips of him getting toasted, my guy reinvented himself, respect!!

Jets need CBs pretty badly right now. Either him or Crawley would be prime trade candidates IMO. They just signed former Saint Arthur Maulet.

Yeah, but if the coaching staff views a player as a starting/important piece, then they wouldn’t play them late into the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game.
Maybe they feel he needs the time since he missed most of last year. In fact maybe he asked to play more because maybe just maybe he felt he needed more time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom