Is Reggie Bush the New Orleans version of Mike Vick? (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Minus the cold sore outbreaks...

Here's what I mean... Everyone knows Mike Vick is an enormous talent, and has the ability to break a game open at any time. Same goes for Reggie Bush.

Both Michael Vick and Reggie Bush entered the league with an enormous amount of unrealistic hype sorrounding them.

Both Atlanta's offense and New Orleans offense change drastically is either player is out of the line-up.

Both Vick and Bush immediately took over as the face of their respective franchises.

After a Dirty Turd loss everyone comes down on Michael Vick and begins doubting if he'll ever be the player they all thought he'd be... Same for Reggie Bush? It would seem so if you are a member of this board, this week.

I don't get it, and I don't like it. We are better than Atlanta fans!

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After a Dirty Turd loss everyone comes down on Michael Vick and begins doubting if he'll ever be the player they all thought he'd be... Same for Reggie Bush? It would seem so if you are a member of this board, this week.

I don't get it, and I don't like it. We are better than Atlanta fans!

If anyone really believes that this team would have 5 wins at this point in the season without him, they are delusional! He may not be blowing up the scoreboards, but he still adds a major dimension to this team that no one else in the NFL can do! So while people complain about him being a $52 million decoy, he is worth every penny and what he adds to this team!

saints5193

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Michael Vick scores tds and defenses try to stop him and he still scores. Maybe when Bush learns the game

mac504

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
If anyone really believes that this team would have 5 wins at this point in the season without him, they are delusional! He may not be blowing up the scoreboards, but he still adds a major dimension to this team that no one else in the NFL can do! So while people complain about him being a $52 million decoy, he is worth every penny and what he adds to this team!
What major dimension?

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yes, I would agree with you, at least for now.

Bush gets criticized for not being able to rush, as a good running back should be. Defenders of him point to his receiving prowess and his intangible ability to "help the team win"
Vick gets critized for not being being able to pass, as a good quarterback should be. Defenders say that Vick can run and his intangible ability to "help the team win"

mambodeath

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Minus the cold sore outbreaks...
i don't think it was just cold sores that made that chick sue vick...
but vick has something that reggie doesn't: he plays the QB position. in this league QB's (oh so wrongfully) get the credit/blame for a team's w/l record. bush will never have that hanging over his head.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I could care less about the hype spewed out by short term memory loss, band wagon jumpin media "analysts". Reggie has amazing talent and so much potential, but I knew then and I still say now that he is not an every down back. I'll be just fine if he proves me wrong though.

So far, he IS a $52 million decoy that has done his part in helping open up the game for other players and getting us to a 5-2 record. Not may rooks have immediate success in the pros and he is no different. Time will only tell.

I just wish they'd give the ball to Duece a bit more. I think he is more key in opening up the field than Reg is right now.

derick76

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What major dimension?
Look at the tapes, when Reggie is in the game the defense moves with him, if Bush runs an end around the defense follows him first, then they worry about the player. He draws coverage of a safety much of the time not a linebacker leaving a receiver in one on one coverage. The Saints would not be in the position they are now without him.

OP
DownWithDisease

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I could care less about the hype spewed out by short term memory loss, band wagon jumpin media "analysts". Reggie has amazing talent and so much potential, but I knew then and I still say now that he is not an every down back. I'll be just fine if he proves me wrong though.

So far, he IS a $52 million decoy...

that has done his part in helping open up the game for other players and getting us to a 5-2 record. Not may rooks have immediate success in the pros and he is no different. Time will only tell.

I just wish they'd give the ball to Duece a bit more. I think he is more key in opening up the field than Reg is right now.
I agree with most of your reply, but it's that part I seperated out in the middle that I have an issue with. Now, I may be a little bit off with the preciseness of some of my stats, but they're BASED on fact.

-If Reggie Bush is just a "decoy", then why was he leading the NFL in receptions just a short time ago, and is still in the top 5 I believe?

-If Reggie is just a "decoy", then why does he lead the league in 3rd down receptions? That's a pretty big stat!

-If Reggie is just a "decoy", then why don't defenses stop falling for our "tricks" and pay more attention to Deuce and our other weapons?

I know you weren't attacking Reggie Geauxboy, but this garbage about him being nothing more than a high priced decoy is just that... GARBAGE!

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Maybe you took me too literally. He has done his part and has put up very impressive numbers for the most part. But, let's face it, the Saints and the fans have noticed the concerted effort to shadow Bush wherever he goes. Everyone has played the part of decoy a time or two every season. That's just part of the game.

It's all good. We're 5-2 with one of the best rooks to hit the pro circuit in a while (without forgetting about Colston).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Packers top Saints in Superdome, New Orleans loses back-to-back games for 1st time since 2017 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints announce roster moves SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Saints vs Green Bay Packers: Key Matchups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Derland Moore, New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame member, dies at 68 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints look to bounce back as home favorites on Sunday Night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before Week 3: New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers stack up for Week 3 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Joel Meyers on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - September 24, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
5 Things from the New Orleans Saints film room Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 2 at the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints: Important quotes from Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints defensive success on third down must improve SR News Page Articles 0
Jrue and Lauren Holiday honored by Greater New Orleans Foundation for philanthropic efforts Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
FOX Sports New Orleans to re-air 2020 Saints games starting Week 2 vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Mike Tilleman, member of first New Orleans Saints team, dead at age 76 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders stack up for Week 2 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Thursday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders... Five New Orleans players listed in Thursday's report SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Joel Meyers on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - September 17, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before Week 2: New Orleans Saints at Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 1, Roach shines, Trautman plays Saints RSS News Feeds 0