Is Reggie Bush the New Orleans version of Mike Vick? (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Minus the cold sore outbreaks...

Here's what I mean... Everyone knows Mike Vick is an enormous talent, and has the ability to break a game open at any time. Same goes for Reggie Bush.

Both Michael Vick and Reggie Bush entered the league with an enormous amount of unrealistic hype sorrounding them.

Both Atlanta's offense and New Orleans offense change drastically is either player is out of the line-up.

Both Vick and Bush immediately took over as the face of their respective franchises.

After a Dirty Turd loss everyone comes down on Michael Vick and begins doubting if he'll ever be the player they all thought he'd be... Same for Reggie Bush? It would seem so if you are a member of this board, this week.

I don't get it, and I don't like it. We are better than Atlanta fans!

After a Dirty Turd loss everyone comes down on Michael Vick and begins doubting if he'll ever be the player they all thought he'd be... Same for Reggie Bush? It would seem so if you are a member of this board, this week.

I don't get it, and I don't like it. We are better than Atlanta fans!

If anyone really believes that this team would have 5 wins at this point in the season without him, they are delusional! He may not be blowing up the scoreboards, but he still adds a major dimension to this team that no one else in the NFL can do! So while people complain about him being a $52 million decoy, he is worth every penny and what he adds to this team!

Michael Vick scores tds and defenses try to stop him and he still scores. Maybe when Bush learns the game

If anyone really believes that this team would have 5 wins at this point in the season without him, they are delusional! He may not be blowing up the scoreboards, but he still adds a major dimension to this team that no one else in the NFL can do! So while people complain about him being a $52 million decoy, he is worth every penny and what he adds to this team!

What major dimension?

Yes, I would agree with you, at least for now.

Bush gets criticized for not being able to rush, as a good running back should be. Defenders of him point to his receiving prowess and his intangible ability to "help the team win"
Vick gets critized for not being being able to pass, as a good quarterback should be. Defenders say that Vick can run and his intangible ability to "help the team win"

Minus the cold sore outbreaks...

i don't think it was just cold sores that made that chick sue vick...
but vick has something that reggie doesn't: he plays the QB position. in this league QB's (oh so wrongfully) get the credit/blame for a team's w/l record. bush will never have that hanging over his head.

I could care less about the hype spewed out by short term memory loss, band wagon jumpin media "analysts". Reggie has amazing talent and so much potential, but I knew then and I still say now that he is not an every down back. I'll be just fine if he proves me wrong though.

So far, he IS a $52 million decoy that has done his part in helping open up the game for other players and getting us to a 5-2 record. Not may rooks have immediate success in the pros and he is no different. Time will only tell.

I just wish they'd give the ball to Duece a bit more. I think he is more key in opening up the field than Reg is right now.

What major dimension?

Look at the tapes, when Reggie is in the game the defense moves with him, if Bush runs an end around the defense follows him first, then they worry about the player. He draws coverage of a safety much of the time not a linebacker leaving a receiver in one on one coverage. The Saints would not be in the position they are now without him.

I could care less about the hype spewed out by short term memory loss, band wagon jumpin media "analysts". Reggie has amazing talent and so much potential, but I knew then and I still say now that he is not an every down back. I'll be just fine if he proves me wrong though.

So far, he IS a $52 million decoy...

that has done his part in helping open up the game for other players and getting us to a 5-2 record. Not may rooks have immediate success in the pros and he is no different. Time will only tell.

I just wish they'd give the ball to Duece a bit more. I think he is more key in opening up the field than Reg is right now.

I agree with most of your reply, but it's that part I seperated out in the middle that I have an issue with. Now, I may be a little bit off with the preciseness of some of my stats, but they're BASED on fact.

-If Reggie Bush is just a "decoy", then why was he leading the NFL in receptions just a short time ago, and is still in the top 5 I believe?

-If Reggie is just a "decoy", then why does he lead the league in 3rd down receptions? That's a pretty big stat!

-If Reggie is just a "decoy", then why don't defenses stop falling for our "tricks" and pay more attention to Deuce and our other weapons?

I know you weren't attacking Reggie Geauxboy, but this garbage about him being nothing more than a high priced decoy is just that... GARBAGE!

Maybe you took me too literally. He has done his part and has put up very impressive numbers for the most part. But, let's face it, the Saints and the fans have noticed the concerted effort to shadow Bush wherever he goes. Everyone has played the part of decoy a time or two every season. That's just part of the game.

It's all good. We're 5-2 with one of the best rooks to hit the pro circuit in a while (without forgetting about Colston).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom