Is Rodgers career now officially a disappointment (1 Viewer)

HFA is a detriment to their style of play, his SB win came off of a road NFCCG. The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field isn't for their explosive passing game, they need to be able to run the ball and grind the game out and that something these Packers cannot do, they're a finesse team that happens to play in very sheetty Winter weather.
Yep...as soon as they clinch a playoff berth, it would be in their best interest to rest their starters and play on the road for 3 weeks until the SB.

See, that is where our expectations are different. I would expect an NFL great QB with one of the better offensive lines and a top 5 receiver to put up more than 10 points in a home playoff game. You don't.

Your expectation of ARod is to only put up 10 points in a playoff game.

It's ironic that I think he is overrated and you don't. Based on expectations you would think it would be the other way around.
You ALWAYS have to consider the what the defense did to prevent these things from happening. Often times, the defense that is being played doesn't even get considered. It' always "O, the offense couldn't score".

See, that is where our expectations are different. I would expect an NFL great QB with one of the better offensive lines and a top 5 receiver to put up more than 10 points in a home playoff game. You don't.

Your expectation of ARod is to only put up 10 points in a playoff game.

It's ironic that I think he is overrated and you don't. Based on expectations you would think it would be the other way around.
Umm surely you can conceded there are other circumstances? Such as the field was frozen and it was snowing? Even the announcers were explaining how the receivers couldn't cut but had to round off their patterns. Advantage defense. The conditions played into the 49ers hands. Have you ever run in slick snow on a frozen surface before? Tried to throw a ball in those conditions.

Umm surely you can conceded there are other circumstances? Such as the field was frozen and it was snowing? Even the announcers were explaining how the receivers couldn't cut but had to round off their patterns. Advantage defense. The conditions played into the 49ers hands. Have you ever run in slick snow on a frozen surface before? Tried to throw a ball in those conditions.
Exactly...that track meet in KC doesn't happen on a snowy field in Buffalo...while I look forward to the next 15 years of Mahomes v Allen, I hope they're all played in KC in fair weather.

Field wasn't frozen, Green Bay has a heated field that prevents freezing until temps get below -15 but it was damp, maybe even a little soggy in places.

For years the announcers have always said a slick field favors the receivers because they know the direction they are going. Full disclosure, it's all a load of sheet and they are both professional athletes playing on the same surface.

Yes, I've probably seen more snowfall and different types of snow than anyone on the planet in the last ten years. Using snow and cold as an excuse for Green Bay is kind of ironic considering they were playing a team from a city that sees measurable snow about once every century.

Fact is, Rodgers didn't have guys running wide open because he couldn't break contain because he doesn't have the same athletic ability at 38 that he had at 28. Fact of the matter is ARod refuses to throw short passes, refuses to throw into tight windows and holds the ball forever looking for the big play while taking a ton of sacks. Good defenses tend to shut him down for this reason and it's rare to see anything but good defenses in the playoffs.

I'll get back to this argument next week. Headed to Boston for a couple feet of more snow. I'll be out driving around in it but I wont forget how to get to where I need to go just because it is playoff season.

Field wasn't frozen, Green Bay has a heated field that prevents freezing until temps get below -15 but it was damp, maybe even a little soggy in places.

For years the announcers have always said a slick field favors the receivers because they know the direction they are going. Full disclosure, it's all a load of sheet and they are both professional athletes playing on the same surface.

Yes, I've probably seen more snowfall and different types of snow than anyone on the planet in the last ten years. Using snow and cold as an excuse for Green Bay is kind of ironic considering they were playing a team from a city that sees measurable snow about once every century.

Fact is, Rodgers didn't have guys running wide open because he couldn't break contain because he doesn't have the same athletic ability at 38 that he had at 28. Fact of the matter is ARod refuses to throw short passes, refuses to throw into tight windows and holds the ball forever looking for the big play while taking a ton of sacks. Good defenses tend to shut him down for this reason and it's rare to see anything but good defenses in the playoffs.

I'll get back to this argument next week. Headed to Boston for a couple feet of more snow. I'll be out driving around in it but I wont forget how to get to where I need to go just because it is playoff season.
Be safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom