Is Rodgers Slumping or Aging? NFL.com (1 Viewer)

He still able to make multiple reads,,,extend plays. They are similar to us. Play calling getting predictable with down and distance personel and formations. Key offensive play makers are not performing well or coming off injury. Cobb/Nelson..young guys not stepping up or developing quickly. Montgomery/Janis/Adams. O line issues. Over weight RB. And o line issues. Rogers is not the issue. Even with all that. They will be competive. Rodgers is a dang good football player

If you watch them play, Rodgers is absolutely one of the issues.

He's airmailing passes, holding onto the ball for an eternity, not getting to his 3rd/4th reads to check down, etc.

His OL has been giving him plenty of time, their "fat RB" is averaging 5.1 a carry, and they have as much elite talent at WR as any team in the league.

He's airmailing passes, holding onto the ball for an eternity, not getting to his 3rd/4th reads to check down, etc.

His OL has been giving him plenty of time, their "fat RB" is averaging 5.1 a carry, and they have as much elite talent at WR as any team in the league.

So if you are right, I wonder if McCarthy is starting to lose control of his offense or Rodgers is not prepping at the level of other Top QBs as another poster pointed out.

Favre fell off after his 38th birthday, had a slight resurgence at 40 and then fell off and retired.

The season he turned 38, he took a largely-inexperienced (aside from himself and Donald Driver) Packers team to the NFCCG..........and the season he turned 40, he had probably his best season ever and had Minnesota on the verge of the SB.

I'm assuming you may be referring to his 1-year stint with NYJ (turned age 39 that season)......but he even got them off to a great start...before later faltering due to a throwing-arm injury, 2002 Aaron Brooks style.

In my expert opinion. (Ha) He has questionable form. That is finally catching up on him. Drew has perfect form.

I disagree. That's a timing based offense. And if guys not suppose to be at the when and where. Will cause problems. A lot of throwing to spots with minor improvisations on ball placement. He is getting knocked off his spot and having to slide and find different throwing Windows. He is not a easy sack. Although he will hold on to the ball to long. Always been a minor flaw. They were a play or two away last year from the NFC championship last year. Despite several issues on that team. He is the major cog of there success. Not coming together this year. But with him you have a chance to make a run. They a 10-6 team on paper. The team not playing well collectively but I still see vintage Rogers in most snaps.

I haven't had cable in a very long time but when did Jonah Hill start appearing on that show?

It may be more the mileage than the age between these two. I have gone back to 2009 (including 2016 so far) and these are the sacks/hits the two have taken:

Drew
Sacks / Hits
198 488

Aaron
Sacks / Hits
312 580

EDIT:

I could not exclude out sacks/hits for the games Drew or Aaron did not play due to injury or otherwise - but you get the point.

Last edited:
It may be more the mileage than the age between these two. I have gone back to 2009 (including 2016 so far) and these are the sacks/hits the two have taken:

Drew
Sacks / Hits
198 488

Aaron
Sacks / Hits
312 580

EDIT:

I could not exclude out sacks/hits for the games Drew or Aaron did not play due to injury or otherwise - but you get the point.

He used to play fearless and tough. Your point is really interesting. Did he get the crap beat out of him over the past decade?

It isn't out of the question that a player can be on the opposite end of the Brees/Brady anomaly and age quicker than normal.

Something definitely isn't right with Rodgers.

I disagree. That's a timing based offense. And if guys not suppose to be at the when and where. Will cause problems. A lot of throwing to spots with minor improvisations on ball placement. He is getting knocked off his spot and having to slide and find different throwing Windows. He is not a easy sack. Although he will hold on to the ball to long. Always been a minor flaw. They were a play or two away last year from the NFC championship last year. Despite several issues on that team. He is the major cog of there success. Not coming together this year. But with him you have a chance to make a run. They a 10-6 team on paper. The team not playing well collectively but I still see vintage Rogers in most snaps.

Randall Cobb wide open in the endzone last week, where Rodgers airmailed it 5 feet over his head with zero pressure, was in the right spot.

He threw behind Nelson twice over the middle and overthrew him down the sideline. He almost got that other guy killed throwing behind him over the middle as well (3rd WR). He was missing wide open check downs as well, instead looking for the big play when he didn't need it. And that's just off the top of my head from a team I'm not a fan of.

Everyone wants to make excuses for Rodgers. It's been 2 seasons of this kind of play now. It's not a timing issue.

Whether they go 10-6 or not isn't really relevant to this thread. The discussion isn't about whether he's a good QB so I'm not bashing the guy. It's about why he's no longer playing at a top 5 level.

Brady is 39. Very few QBs play with any real effectiveness at that age. Peyton Manning's record setting year was at 37, he had a good year at 38 and he started falling off rapidly after that. Favre fell off after his 38th birthday, had a slight resurgence at 40 and then fell off and retired. I can't think of anyone else who was super productive at his (Brady's) age.

If Manning didn't have the nerve issue he'd still be playing.

always to me been a better than avg QB, but only Brees and Brady are elite, the elite two active players

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom