Is Sean Payton a Hall of Famer? (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Adam Schein thinks so. Was reading this article and he said:

6) The New Orleans Saints didn't fall into the trap

Coming off of a statement win over the Rams, and with games coming up against the defending champion Eagles and rival Falcons, New Orleans faced a potential trap game Sunday in Cincinnati. But the Saints didn't just beat the Bengals; they stole their soul. 51-14! And it wasn't even that close.

Sean Payton is a Hall of Fame coach. The Saints are so great and so tough. That's Payton. And how about Drew Brees, posting another near-perfect game: 22 of 25 for 265 yards and three touchdowns, with a rushing score for good measure? This offense is unstoppable.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...saints-among-nfls-statement-makers-in-week-10

It made me wonder: Is Sean Payton a HOF coach? I think, if we win another Super Bowl, it is undoubtedly. But if we do not, there may be some voters and NFL fans who think he is not.

If he cares to, whenever he retires, he will become the Jimmy Johnson of NFL media. John Madden wasn't that respected as a hall of famer until he went in the broadcast booth.

Payton has the smarts and the edginess to be a favorite in the analyst booth. Much more so than dimwitted Terry Bradshaw or corny Jon Gruden.

Only coaches to win 60% of their games and be a head coach for at least 10 years not in the HOF?

Bill Belichick
Sean Payton
Mike Tomlin
Mike McCarthy
Andy Reid
George Seifert
Marty Schottenhiemer

Andy Reid and Marty are the only ones without a SB win. All have a great argument for the HOF.

A few years ago this board was talking about firing him and now we're discussing about loading up the van and heading to Canton to enshrine him into the HOF

A few years ago this board was talking about firing him and now we're discussing about loading up the van and heading to Canton to enshrine him into the HOF
Almost as if putting a Super Bowl caliber team together changes people's mindset...

When was that? I doubt there was ever two SR threads about firing Payton that were ever seriously discussed.

I do remember Swimmer wanting Rob Ryan to lose his gut, but that's just a Pete disciple's observation.

When was that? I doubt there was ever two SR threads about firing Payton that were ever seriously discussed.

I do remember Swimmer wanting Rob Ryan to lose his gut, but that's just a Pete disciple's observation.
When the Saints started 0-2 last year, there was talk about whether Payton and the Saints should mutually part ways after the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom