Is Sean Payton testing the loyalty of coaches and media? (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
all these false leaks seem to be tests, could he be trying to find out who he can and can't trust with info?

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
absolutely. I hope he's hires someone else completely off the radar.

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Watch brings back Gary Gibbs lolol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

State Of Affairs

BS & Beer Saints Talk on 97.7FM, Fox Sports Radio
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
all these false leaks seem to be tests, could he be trying to find out who he can and can't trust with info?

I was wondering exactly how Adam S reported on the bounty scandle. I can definitely see the coach directing a lil misinformation to some of those "reporters" the league brought in to view the "evidence" and make them look bad.

thefredman63

Very Banned
Reaction score
I havent seen Glazer report anything, so....... :scratch:

TBryant

Emergency Quarterback
Reaction score
That's ridiculous! Why would he even share that info with the media if he didn't want it out there???? You guys act like this stuff is classified info, it's a freaking Coordinator! What needs to be hidden and why???

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Jay Glazer's tweeting about Ryan is disturbing. Glazer and Payton are friends......

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Id have to think that its at least a possibility. Glazer seems to be doing more damage control than anything. Notice he was the last out of all to respond or say anything.

That last tweet about its up to Grantham to win the Job tells all.

If Grantham comes in and wows us...hes our D-coordinator. IF not then Rob Ryan is a good fallback option.

Fontenot

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I don't think Payton is playing games with people's livelihoods. He is trying to build a team with the best coaches available. Rumors will fly.

SuperRemo

Very Banned
Reaction score
If you're not going to even interview the niners assistants or the ravens DC, then what was the point of waiting this long?

This whole thing appears to be bungled. Not a great way to start the next chapter.

We just wasted 2 weeks since grantham and ryan were available. Thats 2 weeks of meetings, senior bowl scouting for hte new DC, coaches installing playbooks, offseason strategy.

The ryan hire would be esp terrible since the guy has been mediocre and a hotbead volatile guy who appears to lose his locker room by throwing people under the bus.

If this someone ccomes from a friendship or loyalty to the Ryan brothers then its a further bad message. We need to send the message that loyalty doesn't mean anything. This team on defense has been to guilty of being loyal to horrible players. time to start new with an up and comer who has a whole career ahead of him and who will be meticulous because he wants to avoid failure like death. Not a guy who is midcareer who has had more failures than successes and to whom this would be just another job.

Fontenot

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Of course Payton wanted to interview the SF guys; they either were not interested or the interview was denied.

jesusfish

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!!!!
Reaction score
If you're not going to even interview the niners assistants or the ravens DC, then what was the point of waiting this long?

This whole thing appears to be bungled. Not a great way to start the next chapter.

We just wasted 2 weeks since grantham and ryan were available. Thats 2 weeks of meetings, senior bowl scouting for hte new DC, coaches installing playbooks, offseason strategy.

The ryan hire would be esp terrible since the guy has been mediocre and a hotbead volatile guy who appears to lose his locker room by throwing people under the bus.

If this someone ccomes from a friendship or loyalty to the Ryan brothers then its a further bad message. We need to send the message that loyalty doesn't mean anything. This team on defense has been to guilty of being loyal to horrible players. time to start new with an up and comer who has a whole career ahead of him and who will be meticulous because he wants to avoid failure like death. Not a guy who is midcareer who has had more failures than successes and to whom this would be just another job.

They were obviously waiting on Grantham. National signing day is tomorrow, and he interviews the next day.

Jortizcardona

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Make it Happen Coach! Fool all this ******** that were irresponsibly reporting during the bounty fiasco!!

cki3915

Reaction score
Listen...none of us have any idea what has really happened. We assume that:

(1) Only things that have been reported have actually happened
(2) When something happens, it is reported.

Those are false assumptions.

We have no idea what has really gone on. And to those who say we have waited too long...tell me who exactly in the last 2 weeks has been hired by another team that we had targeted?

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
Of course Payton wanted to interview the SF guys; they either were not interested or the interview was denied.

They were obviously waiting on Grantham. National signing day is tomorrow, and he interviews the next day.

That and that.

IF we truly liked Grantham after an interview, say 2 weeks ago, UGA would have asked not to release that info ( almost impossible ) until after Feb 6.. And I like this move by the Saints FO....builds a better reputation in the college ranks that we will look out for the needs of the school, possibly to the perceived detriment of our ability to prepare. ( but again, its only two weeks so i dont think its that big of deal in the grand scheme of an off-season ) And I have said that it feels like this year, they want to go in the direction of a young, energetic DC....not a retread.

I also see HArbaugh/SF denying Saints ability to interview position coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom