Is Sean Payton testing the loyalty of coaches and media? (1 Viewer)

Of course Payton wanted to interview the SF guys; they either were not interested or the interview was denied.

They were obviously waiting on Grantham. National signing day is tomorrow, and he interviews the next day.

That and that.

IF we truly liked Grantham after an interview, say 2 weeks ago, UGA would have asked not to release that info ( almost impossible ) until after Feb 6.. And I like this move by the Saints FO....builds a better reputation in the college ranks that we will look out for the needs of the school, possibly to the perceived detriment of our ability to prepare. ( but again, its only two weeks so i dont think its that big of deal in the grand scheme of an off-season ) And I have said that it feels like this year, they want to go in the direction of a young, energetic DC....not a retread.

I also see HArbaugh/SF denying Saints ability to interview position coaches.

If you're not going to even interview the niners assistants or the ravens DC, then what was the point of waiting this long?

This whole thing appears to be bungled. Not a great way to start the next chapter.

As we see this morning there are people who we want to interview but have not received permission to do so. Now that came out after your post, but perhapsyou should consider that you don't know everything that is going on before assuming that SP and Loomis are idiots.

Agents make the leak when the coach is being asked for an interview. The coaches may have nothing to do with any media leaks.

There are always media leaks about who a team is or isn't interested in.

So... to answer the OP; no.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom