Is Sean Payton worth another five year contract (1 Viewer)

mr0299984

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No I don't think he is because all of his knowledge is on offense not on defense , that is why our defense sucks. And our offense sucks now because he didn't get another lucky draft like the 2006 draft after Katrina with Drew Brees. And he has no knowledge of defense that is why our defense has been sucking. So I think that we should get another head coach after his contract is up

So who exactly do you want to replace him with? Be realistic, too. Who's out there that would be available? Someone on the hot seat, a college coach?

It doesn't matter who we get , we just need someone better than Payton. It's not like we have been a 500 team so I would take someone from the hot seat or a college coach

Payton is currently under contract until after the 2020 season.

He didn't deserve an extension after consecutive 7-9 seasons.

If the Saints don't make the playoffs Payton should be fired.

So who exactly do you want to replace him with? Be realistic, too. Who's out there that would be available? Someone on the hot seat, a college coach?
No. Since we lost to NE after a 5-0 start in 2013, our record and performances have been poor. String after string of bad signings, player decisions and poor management as a whole. I will forever be grateful of what he brought to this Franchise but I believe he has ran his course here in New Orleans. This is sport, people come and people go. I think it's time for him to go as soon as possible although I don't think it'll be till Drew retires.

Would Jim Harbaugh come back to the NFL? He'd be my number one choice. I know some people on here don't like him but guaranteed that would change if he was our Coach. The guy knows how too win.

No. Since we lost to NE after a 5-0 start in 2013, our record and performances have been poor. String after string of bad signings, player decisions and poor management as a whole. I will forever be grateful of what he brought to this Franchise but I believe he has ran his course here in New Orleans. This is sport, people come and people go. I think it's time for him to go as soon as possible although I don't think it'll be till Drew retires.

Would Jim Harbaugh come back to the NFL? He'd be my number one choice. I know some people on here don't like him but guaranteed that would change if he was our Coach. The guy knows how too win.
Bringing Jim in would be bittersweet for me. I'm also a Michigan fan :hihi: Jim is happy in Michigan. I don't think he's coming back to the NFL anytime soon.

Payton is currently under contract until after the 2020 season.

He didn't deserve an extension after consecutive 7-9 seasons.

If the Saints don't make the playoffs Payton should be fired.

This is really true if he doesn't get to the playoffs at least next year he should end up on the hot seat or get fired

Also we have a hall famer qb and we start off 0-2 and the patriots have a 2-0 record with a 3rd string quarter back and he did win the super bowl but that was 7 years ago . Isn't anyone else tired of this

wvnOO.gif

yeah I guess we still have to have faith in our team even though they weren't as good as they were in2006 we do need to start saying a little more positive things about them

Guess it doesn't matter much one way or the other we could go 7-9 for next three years and he wouldn't be sent packings. That is just the reality of it i guess.

We are not a very good team now and we have not been for a few years now and that is just how it is all we can do is hope somehow we turn it around sooner rather then later although the lack of needed adjustments just seems to keep piling on under Sean so I have to admit I am now less confident then I have been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom