Is Simone Biles even human? (1 Viewer)

she was a lot of talk around the 2016 olympics, but i don't think enough people don't truly realize that she is on, or close to, michael phelps level of world eliteness (different sports but blah blah).

i love her, but i always feel like a perv when i see her.

I don't really check into the world of gymnastics but for the Olympics every 4 years, but I should really try to appreciate it more often. Once the Olympics start, I'm all in on women gymnastics! I wont miss anything but other than that it's totally off my radar and that's a shame because she's definitely reaching some never before reached heights in the competition.

I'm not totally blameless because...the internet so I could follow more if I thought about it, but I watch sports, ESPN, almost exclusively and it's never on passively. Like, I dont schedule to watch Little League baseball but when it comes on I'm watching game after game. I'll immediately get invested. With American gymnastics, I'd get more invested if it got more attention and what she's done is definitely worth more attention.

Yeah, shes amazing. For an elite gymnast, all other things being equal... It all comes down to power to weight ratio. She's tiny and very muscular.

She also has the drive to focus on her craft. Hard work + talent/genetics.

I don't really check into the world of gymnastics but for the Olympics every 4 years, but I should really try to appreciate it more often. Once the Olympics start, I'm all in on women gymnastics! I wont miss anything but other than that it's totally off my radar and that's a shame because she's definitely reaching some never before reached heights in the competition.

I'm not totally blameless because...the internet so I could follow more if I thought about it, but I watch sports, ESPN, almost exclusively and it's never on passively. Like, I dont schedule to watch Little League baseball but when it comes on I'm watching game after game. I'll immediately get invested. With American gymnastics, I'd get more invested if it got more attention and what she's done is definitely worth more attention.
Was thinking about this the other day
The Pan American Games just wrapped up
It’s essentially the Western Hemisphere olympics
Obviously the across the board competition is not equal to the olympics
But there’s still a lot of good competition
— and I think some of the charm is seeing some competitors “really try”
But it doesn’t make sense to me that it’s not a bigger deal

Yeah, shes amazing. For an elite gymnast, all other things being equal... It all comes down to power to weight ratio. She's tiny and very muscular.

She also has the drive to focus on her craft. Hard work + talent/genetics.

Totally agree. I was wondering about that, she is so tiny, that she can flip that body around in no time flat.

If I remember correctly, her story is pretty sweet as well. She was adopted by her parents, from foster care or something?? And then her parents were always loving & supportive of her extraordinary talent.......I forgot how the story goes, but I remember I was impressed with her upbringing.

she was a lot of talk around the 2016 olympics, but i don't think enough people don't truly realize that she is on, or close to, michael phelps level of world eliteness (different sports but blah blah).

I didn't realize there was a time when you didn't feel like a perv

Same here. An every 4-year fan .... plus I kinda checked out after the scandal and how that man was allowed to molest those girls for that long. I had no idea the gymnastics were even on till I stumbled on a gymnast from my hometown that is pretty good (Trinity Thomas who ended up, I think, 9th in the all around) and found out about them. So that's the only reason I was watching and I'm glad I did.

So she reminds you of the truth huh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom