Is Teddy B better than Luke McCown? (1 Viewer)

C'mon now... Hellye, Teddy had a crap game coming in for Drew, and I'm just as unimpressed as everyone else. But lets be real, Teddy is a better QB than McCown. Let Payton design an actual gameplan around what Teddy does and lets see how that plays out before we start going all Falcons Fans on our own guys. For me, Im gonna be judging Teddy on these next 2 games vs Sea and the Cowgals. Teddy's no Drew and i think the offensive philosophy has to be changed w/him under center. I can see more short passes, screens, and a heavy dose of AK over the next few weeks.

In 2015 Brees bruised his rotator cuff and was out against the Carolina Panthers. The team played Luke McCown, and he almost pulled out the win. Do you think Teddy B is better than McCown?
Maybe not yet, but hopefully he will be, and better. I was very disappointed at TB's play on Sunday, but can only hope he'll get better. I SOOOOOO wanted the Saints to draft Patrick Mahomes after I saw him single-handedly almost beat a very good LSU team a few years ago when the Tigers played Texas Tech. 1st I hope Teddy gets his confidence back and wins some games for the Saints and then we draft Joe Burrow next year and develop him and Taysom Hill simultaneously. Joe Burrow will probably never be Mahommes but he could be a poor man's Tom Brady.

yes...like i said before...TB looks like Aaron Brooks 2. If he stinks it up vs Seattle , look for Taysom vs Dallas.....imo
If he is Aaron Brooks 2, I'll take it. Brooks came in off the bench to take over for an injured Jeff Blake. We lose that game I don't remember him looking that great. Next week he leads us to a win against the greatest show on turf and to a division title and our first playoff win. So yes, I hope he is Aaron Brooks 2, at least till Brees gets back.

I don't know how anyone thinks they know what TB can do with this team. He has seasoning and learning that he didn't have prior to his injury. His 2 games in reg season weren't set up for him to win. No gameplan tailored to his skills last week, few starters to play with him in that rest game last year.

Let him play a couple of games that are properly game planned for his skills, his talents, and only then can I give a valid opinion on him. I see promise and potential, both pro and con.

He is no Drew Brees, but no QB we ever get will play at Brees' level. I'm looking to see what he can do with our offensive talent and can he play at a starters level. But I'm not going to compare him to Brees and I can't compare him to Luke who was a perennial backup with his best game as a Saint.

I'll express my opinion on him after 2 or 3 games under center. He wears back and gold, so he gets my support as long as he is on the team.

If he is Aaron Brooks 2, I'll take it. Brooks came in off the bench to take over for an injured Jeff Blake. We lose that game I don't remember him looking that great. Next week he leads us to a win against the greatest show on turf and to a division title and our first playoff win. So yes, I hope he is Aaron Brooks 2, at least till Brees gets back.
I'd love him for all those points, but he's nothing like AB as a QB.

Burrow sure has been deadly accurate through three games this year. And thrown for a ton of yards and TD's. He's obviously thriving in Joe Brady's installation of parts of the Saints passing attack.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't be against the Saints drafting him. What tickles me is a few posters I've seen who thinks we'd have to trade up to get him LoL. His ceiling will probably end up being 2nd rd. Especially since he refuses to avoid big hits by sliding asmuch as possible. I don't see any GM risking a 1st rd pick on a QB like that

Agreed 100%. Yeah, he hasn't looked good, but last year vs. CAR we had 2 offensive linemen starting that we'd literally brought in off the street a week earlier and weren't playing Kamara at all, either. This week, he came in an awful situation. And while he didn't play well, there were also at least a couple of drops, too. The whole team seemed rattled and skittish. Let's see how he does with Payton having a week to make a gameplan suited to his strengths and weaknesses and with Teddy practicing with our 1st team offense for a full week.

If we score 9 points against a Seattle team that barely squeaked by a bad CIN team and a PIT team that lost Big Ben early in the game to a season ending injury, then it's a major issue.

C'mon now... Hellye, Teddy had a crap game coming in for Drew, and I'm just as unimpressed as everyone else. But lets be real, Teddy is a better QB than McCown. Let Payton design an actual gameplan around what Teddy does and lets see how that plays out before we start going all Falcons Fans on our own guys. For me, Im gonna be judging Teddy on these next 2 games vs Sea and the Cowgals. Teddy's no Drew and i think the offensive philosophy has to be changed w/him under center. I can see more short passes, screens, and a heavy dose of AK over the next few weeks.

I'd love him for all those points, but he's nothing like AB as a QB.
No, I agree with you on that. I just see people him calling Bridgewater another Aaron Brooks like it is a bad thing. The main difference I see is that Brooks wasn't scared to fire the ball into coverage and hope for the best. There's a saying in sports as well as life that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Brooks wasn't scared to take those shots. Bridgewater on the other hand seems to hold the ball too long waiting for the receiver to get completely open. That leads to the line breaking down and sacks.

He is no Drew Brees, but no QB we ever get will play at Brees' level. I'm looking to see what he can do with our offensive talent and can he play at a starters level. But I'm not going to compare him to Brees and I can't compare him to Luke who was a perennial backup with his best game as a Saint.

This is interesting because it makes me think the offense also has to adjust to Teddy. It´s a matter of getting on the same page and setting a pace. Teddy won´t get rid of the ball as fast as Drew, so the whole team has to adjust and be prepared to hold blocks, to adjust routes, to ad lib more...

This is interesting because it makes me think the offense also has to adjust to Teddy. It´s a matter of getting on the same page and setting a pace. Teddy won´t get rid of the ball as fast as Drew, so the whole team has to adjust and be prepared to hold blocks, to adjust routes, to ad lib more...
Well said, and spot on. :9:

No, I agree with you on that. I just see people him calling Bridgewater another Aaron Brooks like it is a bad thing. The main difference I see is that Brooks wasn't scared to fire the ball into coverage and hope for the best. There's a saying in sports as well as life that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Brooks wasn't scared to take those shots. Bridgewater on the other hand seems to hold the ball too long waiting for the receiver to get completely open. That leads to the line breaking down and sacks.
Oh, word. Totally agree. And Brooks was also good as a running QB at times too. Teddy has mistakenly been labeled as a running QB by many people when the fact is, he's never been a running QB - even in college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom