Is the corner position suddenly a liability? (1 Viewer)

Pittsburgh has one hell of a passing offense that was firing on all cylinders last night. We didn't suddenly get terrible.

I think Finnegan can really help us. He seems to still have some ability left. Harris and Crawley seem more hit or miss.

Pittsburgh's top 3 receivers each are 4.4 or faster in the 40, and Ben has one of the NFL's strongest arms. When healthy, that offense is formidable. We won't look as terrible against other teams.

I'm WAY more worries about the O-Line than the corners right now.

I think our corners actually held up well considering the lack of pressure from the base 4. They were all ways in position and there weren't any wide open receivers streaking down the field. If the QB isn't pressured to throw early or off balance then you're never going to look good in the secondary. Especially with the caliber of receiving talent that Pitt has. If the QB can hold the ball for the entire route progression, one of them is going to get open.

Pittsburgh has one hell of a passing offense that was firing on all cylinders last night. We didn't suddenly get terrible.

I think Finnegan can really help us. He seems to still have some ability left. Harris and Crawley seem more hit or miss.

Pittsburgh's top 3 receivers each are 4.4 or faster in the 40, and Ben has one of the NFL's strongest arms. When healthy, that offense is formidable. We won't look as terrible against other teams.

I'm WAY more worries about the O-Line than the corners right now.

This. I don't know went people are having such a hard time acknowledging this right now. Maybe because it's the Pittsburgh Steelers. This ain't your dad's/uncle's Steelers. This is a flashy team with a suspect defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom