Is the fix in for Taysom? (1 Viewer)

Ihartsaints

Very Banned
Reaction score
We have all heard the praise for Jameis from Payton, Jordan and the media all but anointing Winston the starter.

I expect that, if the goal is to draw JW back to the team. What is odd to me is the silence from the team, Taysom and his agent.

Taysom must be aware of the "You are not the one" vibe floating around. I would expect a bit more push back from him or his agent. Their silence sounds like complacency to me. Makes me wonder if there isn't a quiet deal at work here.

If Taysom has any doubt where he stands with the team, I just think there would be more buzz ...

No. What kinda leverage does he have? Why would he? He's guaranteed a very generous salary, and I'm sure he knows that starting at QB for this team is far from a given. Sean gave him his word that he'd start if Drew went down, and he fulfilled that promise. He'll continue to have a big role on this team, it just won't be at starting QB.

Would he go to one of the other 31 teams that will also not make him a starting quarterback?

Are they the same 31 teams that would not pony up a couple million for the Heisman winning, National champion , first overall pick? Or are they the 31 teams that seem to be giving the same QB a pass this year?

Are they the same 31 teams that would not pony up a couple million for the Heisman winning, National champion , first overall pick? Or are they the 31 teams that seem to be giving the same QB a pass this year?

And just think, if they don't/didn't want a quarterback with Winston's credentials, they're sure enough not going to want Taysom as their starter.

We have all heard the praise for Jameis from Payton, Jordan and the media all but anointing Winston the starter.

I expect that, if the goal is to draw JW back to the team. What is odd to me is the silence from the team, Taysom and his agent.

Taysom must be aware of the "You are not the one" vibe floating around. I would expect a bit more push back from him or his agent. Their silence sounds like complacency to me. Makes me wonder if there isn't a quiet deal at work here.

If Taysom has any doubt where he stands with the team, I just think there would be more buzz ...

So, you think Payton has abandoned the idea of scheming a dual threat offense. Given up on his Taysom project?

I don't see it. I get why they would view Jameis as a good value as a backup; hence the gestures in his direction.

I just wonder if JW returns who plays with the 1st team in the preseason?

Taysom being a starting QB for N.O is now D.O.A. He had a good and favorable chance to be the next franchise QB, however late in the 3rd quarter in the second game against Atlanta he fizzled out badly and was coughing up the football as if it were basted in butter.

The next week against a bad Philly secondary, he struggled and didnt get going until the game was clearly out of reach. I, along with many others were huge Taysom fans. However, once those limitations of his were severely exposed and taken advantage of it was evident he wasnt the right QB going forward for this team.

The Saints have a deep and talented roster and need a QB that can take them to the top. Taysom is a talented athlete, but riding him as vehicle to get places is only wasting the talent on this roster.

I think, in general, that JW’s open market is being overrated. Not sure there’s any teams lining up, and Saints probably want him, but just aren’t going to break the bank for it.

When it came to last season particularly the postseason, two plays come to mind and amplify the difference between Taysom and J.W.

Against Chicago, Taysom had an easy gimme deep ball opportunity to Deonte. Harris was wide-open. Instead of throwing the Ball, Taysom held on to it and got sacked.

Winston on a trickier deep pass on a pitch from Kamara completed a beautiful, flawless deep pass to TQS.

While i admit Winston is not perfect, his seemless execution of that play showcased his vast potential. I think Payton is the coach to harness that.

Taysom being a starting QB for N.O is now D.O.A. He had a good and favorable chance to be the next franchise QB, however late in the 3rd quarter in the second game against Atlanta he fizzled out badly and was coughing up the football as if it were basted in butter.

The next week against a bad Philly secondary, he struggled and didnt get going until the game was clearly out of reach. I, along with many others were huge Taysom fans. However, once those limitations of his were severely exposed and taken advantage of it was evident he wasnt the right QB going forward for this team.

The Saints have a deep and talented roster and need a QB that can take them to the top. Taysom is a talented athlete, but riding him as vehicle to get places is only wasting the talent on this roster.

I just have to laugh. Recently asked how far into the season if Winston has a losing record would you go before making a change. Surprisingly (or not) the JW fans were arguing that even after an off season and true preseason to settle in he should have several games, even a whole season to get acclimatized and used to the system. Yet Taysom, who was not tasked with the backup role and practiced each week on his game install instead is washed up after 4 games when he was called up without warning to fill in.

See why I'm laughing?

• JW's flaws can be coached out of him. Taysom's can't.
  • JW has a high upside, Taysom has already peaked.
  • JW after a preseason should have maybe half a season to settle in. Taysom has 4 games sprung on him out of the blue and he is washed up.
If you can't see the double standard and humor I can't help you.

Last edited:

Imagine if San Diego had similar thoughts of Brees after not a few games, but a few seasons as a starting QB. Oh, wait, they did! And it's a good thing Atlanta jettisoned Farve and his gunslinging ways.

Absent signing a proven veteran, there is going to be a training camp and preseason battle. We shall see.

Last edited:
A QB is only as good as his last season. JW has not had a winning season since 2016. So, what credentials are you referring to?

Do you even read your own posts? Not that I would blame you if you didn't, since most of them revolve around Taysom. But you listed out national champion, Heisman trophy, first round pick, etc to make the point that in spite of those previous accomplishments, most teams still passed on him last season. So I made the point that if they're going to pass on all that, they would sure enough pass on Taysom as starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom