Is the fix in for Taysom? (1 Viewer)

And in that business at QB there are two critical components: talent and experience. Winston wins both of those hands down over both TH7 and Book.
You lost me with this line. If that was the case, Winston would not have had ZERO takers when jettisoned from the Bucs and signed a lowball offer to be a backup with the Saints and a POSSIBLE chance to be the starter. If it was about his great experience and talent, he would have been handed the keys to many organizations as THE GUY.

In cap numbers for QB's, 2020 had Winston with 52 QB's in the league all making more than he did...52! In 2021, there are 36 QB's making more than him. You don't get paid for potential usually and his performance through his career is a "get what you pay for" deal. He has the opportunity, but a LONG rope to climb to undo almost everything about his football DNA. He has POTENTIAL and that is it. It has always been Hill's to lose, even with a 50/50 QB competition because of what Hill has shown, HIS time in the system and intangibles. CSP goes with who he trusts to WIN...not stats, WINs. People get butt hurt thinking some are bashing Winston, but will go out of there to way to diminish Hill as a passer. His small snapshots at QB starting have shown more progress and growth than Winston has. Hill has shown he can work well with a CSP scheme and even changing up schemes. That gets me more excited (I don't mean with Winston with the Saints...in what Hill has done here and his progression and Winston's professional career). That is realistic. To be fair, Winston has this offseason and preseason to prove he CAN do it and will be given every opportunity, but CSP is not going to cherry pick and create a whole scheme just for Winston, he will have tweaks and installs that favor what he can do, if shows even WHAT he can do consistently. What some are saying is just by default, even, the makeup of the personnel is one that favors Hill or even an Ian Book more than Winston.

You don't get do you?

Like I said in the response earlier the saints made a conscious effort in always insuring that Brees always had a 4.5-4.6 40 speed From Shockey to Graham, to Watson to Fleener to Cook.

And even then he always had backup TEs who were promising flex Tes like Dan Arnold or David Thomas or Billy Miller who also ran 4.6 and specialized in receiving.

This is the first year since Payton has been here that He has started a 4.8 40 TE and a bunch of UDFA TEs as depth who don't even excell at receiving.

Even Nick Vannett's career high in yards is 267.

Throughout the entire draft process from start to finish they were only looking for Blocking TEs.

The wrs for the Bucs were either taller 6'5 + like Evan's and Vincent Jackson or faster like Breshad Perriman, DeSean Jackson, or Chris Godwin.

There's only one reason that they would prepare their offensive roster like this and that's because they expect Hill to start.
When Winston is named the starter I will bump this thread so that you can show me how right you were.

Deal?

When Winston is named the starter I will bump this thread so that you can show me how right you were.

Deal?

What if he does win the job, is named the week 1 starter, and then goes out and throws 4 picks on opening day in the blow out loss to Tom Brady and the Bucs.... And is straight away replaced in Game 2 by Taysom as the starter? Then what? Do we bump again, or is the bump game over?

LOL

What if he does win the job, is named the week 1 starter, and then goes out and throws 4 picks on opening day in the blow out loss to Tom Brady and the Bucs.... And is straight away replaced in Game 2 by Taysom as the starter? Then what? Do we bump again, or is the bump game over?

LOL
Probably.

I Just don't see how Winston is expected to thrive with personnel like this for the duration of a season but hope springs eternal.😂

LOL - Not my fault the 49ers are dumb... They are going to regret it, and the Bears will be thanking them for a decade.
Yes well I told you it was obviously Lance from the beginning.

Maybe next time bud.🙃👍

LOL
He'd probably be replaced by Ian Book and Taysom would still be running his gadget plays on offense and contributing on special teams.

LOL
if not accompanied by grinding, the bump game fizzles fairly quickly

that seems to be the writing on the wall (it's also Nick's presumption, so *shrug*)
I can't see why they wouldn't give a 4.9 40 qb more receiving threats if that were there case.

Winston actually has the highest completion rate to TEs in the league statistically. It would have made sense to add to that strength.

Bleedit1960, even posted in the draft thread early on that they were looking exclusively at blocking TEs in the draft and they proceeded to do just that and even picked up another in UDFA.

He also had his highest qb ratings the two years when DeSean Jackson was clearing out Safeties for him. He also had his highest completion percentage to Chris Godwin who runs a 4.42.

These weapons don't seem to play very well to those strengths of his.

His only saving grace might be the fact that he will have his best running back stable since his rookie year with Doug Martin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom