Is the fix in for Taysom? (1 Viewer)

Didn't Hill have a deep pass in the playoffs vs the Vikings?

When Brees was here when did they ever not try to give him a super-fast Expensive TE or two?

Like I said you can pull this up If Jameis overtakes Hill but I highly doubt it.

You mean this under-thrown ball that should have been picked or knocked down. Look at every deep ball taysom has ever thrown. He’s not a QB, I don’t know why people still think this.

Agreed.

I also think people are going to be pretty surprised by the different type of Taysom Hill we see this year.

He will spend the entire offseason focused on remaking his body, and preparing his mind to be strictly a starting NFL QB.

No more focus on ST... Gadgets... Tight End... Slot plays.... Strictly QB play.

No more hesitation about coming in for 5 plays and game - and just getting what you can "and not screwing it up"... No more playing in the shadow of a legend... No more keeping the ship from sinking for 4 games while Drew gets healthy...

Taysom Hill with no limitations and dedicated to be the Leader of this team and only a QB.... Will be a different player... I'd bet my boat on it.

Winston will be in for the fight of his life this summer... Watch!
He won’t and it won’t even be close. Taysom is a gadget player and always will be.

I'm not sure who is going to be the starter and I believe there will be real competition for the job.

I think if it is a very close competition then Winston will get the job, because Taysom is so valuable in the multi-postion roll. I mean we still don't have a backup TE at this point.....

Guys... Taysom will not be Training, Practicing, or working on being a "Jack of All Trades" or "Gadget" player anymore...

Get it right. Those days are over...

He's going to be just a QB now... Win or Lose... If he loses...

He's the straight up backup this year (because we can't afford to lose our #2 QB on a gadget or ST play) , and then he's outta here next year.

Last edited:
We have all heard the praise for Jameis from Payton, Jordan and the media all but anointing Winston the starter.

I expect that, if the goal is to draw JW back to the team. What is odd to me is the silence from the team, Taysom and his agent.

Taysom must be aware of the "You are not the one" vibe floating around. I would expect a bit more push back from him or his agent. Their silence sounds like complacency to me. Makes me wonder if there isn't a quiet deal at work here.

If Taysom has any doubt where he stands with the team, I just think there would be more buzz ...
Taysom Hill is a QB in the NFL that willingly participates in special teams as a gunner. He catches passes, he blocks, he runs inside getting his body beat up. Nothing about this guy says he would be rocking the boat if he felt like he was getting shafted. He wants to win and he trusts this staff to make the best choices for that to continue.

We have all heard the praise for Jameis from Payton, Jordan and the media all but anointing Winston the starter.

I expect that, if the goal is to draw JW back to the team. What is odd to me is the silence from the team, Taysom and his agent.

Taysom must be aware of the "You are not the one" vibe floating around. I would expect a bit more push back from him or his agent. Their silence sounds like complacency to me. Makes me wonder if there isn't a quiet deal at work here.

If Taysom has any doubt where he stands with the team, I just think there would be more buzz ...

I love Taysom and role with the team. However , he helped cost the team 2 wins in the regular season.

He fumbled on the go ahead scoring drive against the Packers . He also didn't play that well against the crappy Eagles.

To me, both games cost us a much needed first round bye.

Who knows maybe Tampa eventually beats them again in playoffs

or maybe

The Saints wouldn't be forced to play Chicago and get Taysom plus several other players hurt.

The Saints players would get that much deserved extra week to rest going into divisional rounds.

(Tampa was able to have a bye week late in the season. That certainly helped them as they got hot and made a run)

Tampa might have taken a different route in the playoffs, instead of facing Washington with 3rd string QB, or the Saints with a banged up Brees, Cook playing stupid, also both Hill and Murray hurt.

Tampa would have to play a different defense , than stacking the box against Kamara and doubling Thomas.

So I rather have Winston right now, he would be a game manager . At least he can throw further than Brees and use Hill to extend drives.

With what Tampa, Atlanta, and Panthers acquired in the draft, the Saints need to run the ball more , take time off the clock , keep those offenses off the field, and help out our defense.

I’d say 5% chance Hill starts at QB unless Winston gets hurt

Guys... Taysom will not be Training, Practicing, or working on being a "Jack of All Trades" or "Gadget" player anymore...

Get it right. Those days are over...

He's going to be just a QB now... Win or Lose... If he loses...

He's the straight up backup this year (because we can't afford to lose our #2 QB on a gadget or ST play) , and then he's outta here next year.

That seems very anti-Team Player of Hill. He only elaborated that his OFFSEASON training will be QB focused. If he lose that QB battle and coach want him back to his old role. He probably would. Unless he wants to be a cancer, buck his contractual obligation, refuse, and force his way out through a trade.

I doubt if Brees were still the starter here that they wouldn't have at invested more at TE and wr.

With Brees last year they went out and signed a Multimillion dollar wr and still had Cook and Trautman.

Now there is no depth at receiving TE and they are loading up on blockers and Big wrs.

This setup doesn't seem to Favor Winston so much as it does Hill.

I would be stunned if Winston can outplay Tayson with the talent on the offense currently.

I don't know, man. It's our first offseason post Brees, and we had literally zero money to sign any starter outside of fullback.

There were a few reports prior to the draft that our focus was going to be defense, so it came as no surprise that's where our first three picks went. Past that, it's hard to go fishing for starters that late in the draft regardless of what Sean's vision of the offense is for this year. Maybe they like Trautman a lot. Maybe they like what Callaway, Smith, and Harris bring to the table. Either way, we're kind of strapped in that we had no cap room to operate and we still had to fill holes on the defensive side of the ball as well.

I also don't think our WR situation is as bad as you think it is. I think Callaway played beyond his years last year when he filled in for Sanders, it's rare for rookie WR's (let alone UDFA) to be able to consistently find the soft spot versus zone coverage like he did. I know Smith's numbers weren't big last year, but I thought he made big time plays and we honestly never been able to take advantage of his full skillset with Brees limited arm strength. I think Smith can have an eye-opening year with Jameis getting him the ball. Last, Harris was shockingly good even outside of gadget plays last year. It was quite literally 3rd down and Harris in the Chicago playoff game, and I think we beat Tampa if he doesn't go out hurt in the 1st half. The only concern with Harris is durability.

I don't think there's any chance that Sean has his mind made up on who is starting at QB for us. This is just the roster situation that we're dealt and they're handling it the best that they can.

I'm sorry, but if you base every quarterback on their first 4 starts then you're gonna greatly misjudge a lot of careers. I truly hope it's an open competition at the position this summer and the best man will win. Part of me hopes Jameis will and the other is hoping Taysom does. I think whoever wins it will be on a short leash.

That seems very anti-Team Player of Hill. He only elaborated that his OFFSEASON training will be QB focused. If he lose that QB battle and coach want him back to his old role. He probably would. Unless he wants to be a cancer, buck his contractual obligation, refuse, and force his way out through a trade.

No, it's not... It's simple math... If he loses the starting job in competition...

He's the only backup that can come in a keep the team competitive...

His days as a "Joker" player are over.

It's pretty simple... He's a QB now... He's either starter and the future... Or he's the backup to Winston this year, and he's out next year.

Questioning Taysoms' dedication to this team, or his selflessness is fairly silly at this point considering what he has already given up for this team, and his track record for doing any and everything he can to help the team win at any position.

Last edited:
With what Tampa, Atlanta, and Panthers acquired in the draft, the Saints need to run the ball more , take time off the clock , keep those offenses off the field, and help out our defense.
That sounds like a reason for Taysom Hill to be the starting QB.

With an offseason to focus on playing QB exclusively, and an offense schemed towards his strengths... Taysom Hill could run a version of the Baltimore offense with a CSP spin on it.

The fumbling issues can be fixed.

Taysom has the arm to make all of the throws... and folks posting video clips of Taysom under throwing Harris in the playoffs or Sanders in the 1st game vs Atlanta are being unfair IMO.
Hill came into that Vikings game as a 1-off play where he just chucked the ball up. Yes, Harris was wide open, but the ball was completed, and the underthrow was better than an overthrow...
The throw to Sanders was in Taysom’s 1st start at QB in like 4 years! ...and it came after only 1 week of practicing with the 1st team offense as the starter!

In the Denver game, CSP went on record saying that they basically scrapped their entire plan when they heard Denver was forced to start a PS WR at QB, and Taysom was told to take no chances and play extra careful!

The Philly game was a team loss, and yes, Taysom didn’t play well and made a critical fumble late, but again... that was his 4th start ever in the NFL. That loss was more on the defense and their inability to stop the run and Hurts more than anything.

Everyone just assumes that it will be Winston at QB... but everyone assumes the same thing last season when Brees got hurt... and it was Taysom.

No, it's not... It's simple math... If he loses the starting job in competition... He's the only backup that can come in a keep the team competitive...

His days as a "Joker" player are over.

It's pretty simple... He's a QB now... He's either starter and the future... Or he's the backup to Winston this year, and he's out next year.
There is no math. It's logic.

Winston system back up for emergency probably won't be Hill. The system can't just be flipped mid game. You'll probably see Trevor Siemen be called in for emergency situations.

These mental gymnastics must be exhausting. You don't sideline an elite playmaker just to spite the Winston, because your guy lost.

Watch the interview... Taysom will be a QB full time this year. Either a starter or backup depending on the winner of the competition. If Winston wins... He will be a QB elsewhere next year. He wants to be QB... Sean promised him the opportunity to be one... He will get that opportunity. His days as a "Joker", are over (at least here in NOLA anyway)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom