Is the pressure on Dennis Allen? (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
First, let me say that I like Dennis a lot.

However I think we all know that our defenses usually start out slow. There is no question that this team is loaded and if we do indeed get Clowney the Dline could be downright scary.

I guess I'm just hoping that our defense can finally start out fast. I have great faith that Payton and Brees will have the offense clicking.

Most teams start out slow on defense even in a normal year but we all know that this is anything from a normal year and this team has enough veteran leadership on both sides of the ball to know what is at stake.

We all know that the Saints offense is very difficult for any team to stop but this could be the best Saints defense we've seen in a very long time.

The kids that the team has drafted the last 3 or 4 seasons are not kids anymore......................they've grown up.

It should be, his D has choked the last 3 seasons in the playoffs (yes, I know we got jobbed by the refs in one of those games, but all the D had to do was make a stop)

All the pieces are there to take the next step. Many are predicting the Saints will field a top 10 defense. If Clowney gets signed this D will be very loaded and make Tom Bradys first game more Hellish than it already is

Absolutely he’s on the hot seat. How many times have his defenses allowed a huge last second play/drive?

I’ll give him this, the D really stepped up last season when Brees went down. But once he came back, it’s like they relaxed because they knew they had the GOAT to bail them out.

I dont know man....the last 2 were on the offense in the playoffs. Not the defense. Hold Minnesota to 20 in regulation, at home to boot.....youre supposed to win that game 99 out of 100 times.

The script is yet to be written on how this off season, no pre-season, and altered training camp will impact the Saints and all teams. I can see 1st pre-season sloppy play over the first few games, which would include fumbles and int's as players get into game sync. I do think, as was written in a recent article I read, that a team like the Saints that has a stable and veteran roster with great leaders on both sides of the ball, should be able to minimize the early season mistakes. We will, however, learn soon whether this team can come out to a fast start and pick up a home win against a very good Bucs team and then travel to LV and take care of business on the road!

If we the Saints Sign Clowney and this defense isn’t lights out, if this team isn’t one of the best ever fielded . Payton has to be fired or atleast a lot of the coaches.

Last 3 years we’ve been saying if we just had a TE(Cook ) LB(Davis) WR (Sanders) Pass rusher (Davenport/Clowney)?

Literally with the talent and experience this team could go 19-0 I’ve been saying since April if we signed 2 out of 3 Good FA it was SB
CB, Pass Rusher, WR .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom