Is the Saints Roster Attractive Enough to Lure Derek Carr? (2 Viewers)

I literally laughed @ "Allen would be a big reason" why we got Carr. People actually believe a QB trying to resurrect his career, is going to willingly choose Dennis Allen as the vessel to do that. Cmon St Spud.

There may not be a worse tandem in the league than the injury lawyers Allen and Carmichael to represent you as a damaged QB.

I don’t know if Carr would come here or not and I don’t know if his relationship with Allen is strong enough to sway his decision, but he’s talked about his love and respect for him, with his record as the Raiders coach mostly already established. Maybe it’s just words but since it’s out there, it seems like something worth considering.

Dislike of Allen is strong among fans but that doesn’t mean players and peers feel the same way. To assume that is simply projecting your own feelings.

By many accounts, the Saints are regarded as a top notch organization that takes care of its players. If they can get Carr in for a visit, sell him on the culture and playing in the Dome, and convince him they think he’s easily worth 3-4 more wins on a 7-10 team, maybe this isn’t quite the long shot some think it is.

If the Saints can’t compete on salary, it won’t happen. But of the teams likely looking for a starting QB, I think our team has some selling points, especially if Carr is not just blowing smoke about his feelings for Allen.

Yeah, again, missing the point.

No, youre insinuating that the 5th worst HC of all time - with a terrible OC - is going to be the main selling point in getting a qb in need of a career rejuvenation to come here.

Because they text.

No, youre insinuating that the 5th worst HC of all time - with a terrible OC - is going to be the main selling point in getting a qb in need of a career rejuvenation to come here.

Because they text.
I’m not insinuating anything. I said DA and Carr have a long-standing relationship and a mutual respect. I’m saying Carr’s opinion of DA is probably a lot higher than any of ours, especially since DA handed him his lunch just a few weeks ago.

I’m also saying I don’t think Carr is gonna do a google search for “worst coaching records” when deciding his next time. It will come down to $ and, if the $ is close, yes, relationships can turn the tide.

Last edited:
I don’t know if Carr would come here or not and I don’t know if his relationship with Allen is strong enough to sway his decision, but he’s talked about his love and respect for him, with his record as the Raiders coach mostly already established. Maybe it’s just words but since it’s out there, it seems like something worth considering.

Dislike of Allen is strong among fans but that doesn’t mean players and peers feel the same way. To assume that is simply projecting your own feelings.

By many accounts, the Saints are regarded as a top notch organization that takes care of its players. If they can get Carr in for a visit, sell him on the culture and playing in the Dome, and convince him they think he’s easily worth 3-4 more wins on a 7-10 team, maybe this isn’t quite the long shot some think it is.

If the Saints can’t compete on salary, it won’t happen. But of the teams likely looking for a starting QB, I think our team has some selling points, especially if Carr is not just blowing smoke about his feelings for Allen.

Kudos for the imminently reasonable post.

I don't think friendship is bigger than money. If another team offers more money, he may go there.

He explained more eloquently what I was trying to say lol

Your points have been reasonable and clearly stated. Some people just aren’t going to allow for any consideration of possibilities outside of everything sucks.

I don’t have reason to have confidence in Allen, right now, but I also think there’s a context to his tenure with the Raiders that mostly gets ignored; that’s a dumpster fire of an organization that has had like 6 good seasons out of the last 30. So a first time head coach didn’t turn out to be the answer. Gruden went 4-12 his first season back and never got above 8-8 before the scandal that got him ousted in year four.

Allen’s coaching instincts and decision-making are a bigger concern to me than his previous record, but that’s all for other discussions.

Good teams aren't looking for QB's. Of all the teams that are, I'd argue ours is the most attractive. The line has it's starters in place with Peat being the only potential cap casualty. We need to improve their health and depth. We have two WR's that can get open, an upcoming receiving TE and a premiere pass catching RB. I'm expecting us to add another RB and contested catch receiver. Hopefully another guard.

I don't know about money but I know Loomis moved mountains to try and get Watson so money shouldn't be an issue and Allen is desperate, our offer to him will be competitive.

his tenure with the Raiders that mostly gets ignored; that’s a dumpster fire of an organization

Oh man, that old ruse again.

He started 4-9 here. 4-9 is a season ender. I dont care that the division was terrible. 4-9, your season is done. The 3 wins against 3 neutered teams, is inconsequential.

He is the dumpster fire. And Carr isnt coming here because they text eachother. If he comes here, its because he ran out of places that would give him the opportunity to start. Kamara, Olave, Ram, Shaheed. Those might be reasons. Michael Thomas maybe becoming a glimmer of his old self. Maybe. But Dennis Allen isnt going to be the reason he ends up here if he does.

Sure, I guess, as a response to another of your tired posts on the subject.

And the "Raiders were a dumpster fire" being the ultimate tired post on the subject. Call something tired, while using the most tired excuse in the Allen excuse library. That he proved to be bs by started 4-9 here being exactly what he was in Oakland.

You have to think about it, the only guy below him on that list that coached the Raiders, was Hue Jackson - who went 8-8 the season before Allen went 4-12. Then 4-12 again. Then 0-4. And 2 years later Del Rio had them in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom