Is the Saints Roster Attractive Enough to Lure Derek Carr? (1 Viewer)

I think the question should be is Derek Carr attractive to the Saints. The guy has had a ton of talent around him and he comes up empty every season.

No, in order to lure Carr you need a team good enough for him not to play in the 4th quarter.

While I wouldn't be willing to give anything for him, signing him as a street FA would be good. Another name to watch is Zach Wilson, from what I've read, he may be the worm in the big Apple.

He has the 4th most 4th quarter comebacks of any active QB and 13th most in nfl history, tied with Favre.
Eh...seeing how he's only had 2 winning seasons in 9 years that also means that he's been behind a lot going into the 4th, whats the ratio of comebacks v failed comebacks? Anyway...I'm more interested in how many teams he took to the woodshed than games where he pulled off a 4th quarter "comeback"

After this weekend, I'm not sure if I want Carr anymore. You're either special at QB or not.

Is the roster attractive enough? I'm saying no. The body language of this team shows defeated confidence. They "ain't got that dog in 'em!"

In a short amount of time, the Saints are becoming that "don't want to go there" destination for a player. No money, lame duck head coach, trying to continue the Sean Payton "culture" even though it is gone, aging players and no draft capital.

It sounds all doom and gloom and unfortunately all signs in 2023 are pointing to a very disappointing season so no, this roster nor coaching staff is attractive. At all......

I think by keeping Allen AND Carmichael, while we may not tank, it is definitely not a commitment to winning...this season at least. I dont think we will purposefully try to lose games, and we do have the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL. If you kept Allen, and fired Carmichael - while I wouldnt be thrilled they were keeping Allen, I could at least say they are trying. But keeping both, after the season we just watched, just isnt a committment to winning.

This might be a soft rebuild on Loomis part. Maybe Loomis sees this as a cut cap and rebuild year, and he doesnt want to bring in another coach to just fire him in a year, or an OC. Maybe Allen is just the bullet sponge for this rebuild. Thats the only thing that makes sense. Let them keep doing what theyre doing, and in 2024 we will begin again.
Which is the right thing to do if your plan is not to try to be as successful as you can be.

What Texas did to Lovie Smith hiring him to tank then firing him for loosing is messed up unless it was the plan all along :

If you gave me the choice between a) 8 wins and b) 1 win and DA gone with us getting the number 1 pick? I’d take the tank every time.

But it’s not reality. It’s not happening. We aren’t tanking. We won 7 games with Andy Dalton and a ton of injuries.

So if we’re not gonna go full tank (we’re not), I’d rather put the best product on the field we can and enjoy Saints football.
Acquire Carr, hopefully after his release as nobody will trade for him and his contract, now you have some talent at the QB position.

This team won 7 games with injuries on offense and defense and question marks at the QB position, this team won because of their defense and despite of their offense, we get a guy like Carr in here and draft some more talent on offense namely at RB, OG and WR and provided we stay relatively healthy I can see this being a 10-11 win team next year.

The defense is solid, the offense needs help and Carr would be a big help to start the off-season.

Last edited:
C A R R to the J E T S...
That’s my bet too. Saints have some pieces if we had a healthy Mike Thomas but he hasn’t been healthy and may not even be on the team next year. Have Kamara, Olave, Taysom, a pretty good o line on paper if they can ever stay healthy to play together. We had a solid defense top ten for a while. Not so great this past season though also maybe due to injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom