Is the Superdome Hyatt going to reopen? (1 Viewer)

Section41

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I loved attending games from out of town and there was no better place to stay than the "yatt" as it would often read when the "h" light went out.

Is this building being used or owned by anyone? Does Hyatt still plan to reopen it? What in the world is taking so long? All the other big hotels are up and running.

I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone else here has. I could only find this snippet doing a google news search.

-- On December 28, 2007, the company closed on an agreement to sell the
Hyatt Regency New Orleans to Poydras Properties Hotel Holdings Co., LLC
for a gross sales price of $32.0 million.

I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone else here has. I could only find this snippet doing a google news search.

-- On December 28, 2007, the company closed on an agreement to sell the
Hyatt Regency New Orleans to Poydras Properties Hotel Holdings Co., LLC
for a gross sales price of $32.0 million.

That's the last thing I heard about the deal. It was about that same time that all of the windows in the Hyatt were replaced and they got rid of the white cardboard covering the broken out windows.

Is that the tall building near the dome that still had all the windows broken out in early 2007? Last time we were in NOLA.....

Hyatt Regency set to undergo renovations -
New Orleans Louisiana Local Finance News Articles - NOLA.com

Hyatt Regency set to undergo renovations
by Kate Moran, The Times-Picayune
Tuesday February 19, 2008, 8:30 PM

A developer plans to renovate the Hyatt Regency, the enormous, empty downtown hotel that struggled before Katrina because of its relative distance from the French Quarter and convention center, and brand it as a venue for small conferences.

Rest of article

Is that the tall building near the dome that still had all the windows broken out in early 2007? Last time we were in NOLA.....

That's the Dominion Tower.

A developer plans to renovate the Hyatt Regency, the enormous, empty downtown hotel that struggled before Katrina because of its relative distance from the French Quarter and convention center, and brand it as a venue for small conferences.

Rest of article

Yeah this is the last i heard of it, but i think Hyatt will return to a different location, No way they leave an incredible Tourist Industry like New Orleans for long.

Rest of article

From that article: "He said Poydras Properties plans to open the hotel next year with 1,184 rooms, the same number it had before Katrina. The partnership also intends to move the hotel's entrance onto Loyola Avenue, where it will be more visible and accessible to guests."

That's good news! :9:

The partnership also intends to move the hotel's entrance onto Loyola Avenue, where it will be more visible and accessible to guests."
Having trouble remembering where the entrance used to be. I agree that's good news.

Yeah, one of the articles mentions its "relative distance from the Quarter." I did stay there once, and while it was a fairly good hotel, it was a long walk back from Bourbon St.

I used to love sitting up at the top of the dome staring at the skyline in a drunken stupor while it slowly revolved. That used to be the last stop after a night of debauchery in the quarters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom