Is the Superdome under construction? (1 Viewer)

MikeyF

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After the Sugar Bowl the Superdome was suppose to be updated. The outside shell is to be replaced and the bottom part is slated to be glass.

Have any of you that pass the SD noticed any construction. If so take some pics and post them.

Thanks.

That's phase III... right now they are still doing interior work -completing all the luxury suites, and I expect all of the seats in the old Loge to be replaced with club level seats (black leather, drink holders on the backs of the seats in front of you).

Last year I had a glass wall next to my seats in the Loge which separated me from the club section, but I expect to be charged for club seats this upcoming season.

I read an interview with Doug Thornton late last year where he talked about the work left to be done. I do know that much of it we won't see, because so much of it is "behind the scenes" so to speak, but he did say replacing the outer skin and installing glass was one of the last things to get done.

I work there. Nothing is going on now except that the field is rolled up for the summer. Just got through with the Endymion Ball. Batman will keep you posted like he did last summer. Be patient. Details at 10.

The last thing I read was that construction would began March 1st

March is what i heard as well on Nola.com site on day i can't find article though so i can't confirm the exact date, but im assuming it's early march since not much of anything at all is slated to be played or held in the superdome around that time that i know of so March only makes sense.

FYI, it's not hard to put Windows in the Superdome, If they use even a fraction of the same manpower they had when fixing the roof and interior area's of the dome Windows could be all around the dome in about 3-4 months tops.

Now if it take any longer than that i'll have to worry about how the Essence fest will work with this work going on and how messy it's going to look in some of the Tunnels.

For those who are not familiar with him, Batman is the best source here for these issues. He showed me pictures of my new leather seats long before I was able to sit in them. He will have the latest and greatest updates. Thanks again Batman.

For those who are not familiar with him, Batman is the best source here for these issues. He showed me pictures of my new leather seats long before I was able to sit in them. He will have the latest and greatest updates. Thanks again Batman.
sweet, cant wait

Something that was at least discussed a year ago but was not done was replacing the iron railings with a glass barrier for the first row of the loge and terrace. This should not be a big cost item. Does anyone know whether this is being done?

It would be nice if they released some of the drawing of the Dome with its new exterior...

Any of you good at photoshop?

I work there. Nothing is going on now except that the field is rolled up for the summer. Just got through with the Endymion Ball. Batman will keep you posted like he did last summer. Be patient. Details at 10.

Great job...

and guys when you refer to him remember that it is THE Batman...

OK, so I'm a tradditionalist...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom