Is the whole offense out? (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
How many starters on offense from training camp were in the Philly game? Any of them?

I know I could look this up, but asking the board will get the question answered faster.

Should just call this the lost season at this point. Can't expect to win much when you have 3rd and 4th string starters being forced to play.

Imagine how hard that must be. Half the starting offense gone before mid-season.

I feel sympathy for the coaches and players left dealing with this.
The only 2 out for the year are Winston and Peat. The rest should be back in a couple of weeks.

Right now, I am really advocating Taysom Hill or Ian Book to start the rest of the season. Siemen has his moments but I am tired of these slow starts and playing catch up. If we going to lose, might as well figure out what we have in Hill or Book.

Right now, I am really advocating Taysom Hill or Ian Book to start the rest of the season. Siemen has his moments but I am tired of these slow starts and playing catch up. If we going to lose, might as well figure out what we have in Hill or Book.
If the Saints are eliminated from the playoffs, start Book. Siemien is not the future. Hill is much better as a Swiss Army knife than a QB. Give Book the best weapons available. Let's find out if he's a viable possibility if the playoffs are out of reach.

The Saints were facing an uphill battle when they had to deal with replacing a 1st ballot HoF QB and one of the best ever…
Jameis Winston won the job, and he was just beginning to start to really gel with the offense, and then he was lost for the season.
…Winston was already at another disadvantage when news broke that Michael Thomas (one of the best WRs in the game) was NOT coming back this season and his ankle injury had a setback.

So now the Saints are down their starting QB and their #1 WR all year.
…then Andrus Peat was lost for the season. Despite his struggles with inconsistency, Peat is a pro bowl LG and starter… So add the starting LG to the list of players no longer available.

…then the news broke that Will Lutz had a setback and he too will not be back for the remainder of the season. Lutz is an excellent Kicker… and his absence has directly cost the Saints 2 games so far.

…So now the Saints are down their new starting QB, #1 WR, starting LG, and Kicker.

Then Alvin Kamara sustained what was called a “mild knee strain” which has cost him 2 consecutive games.
Murphy’s Law continued when both starting OTs, Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramcyzk got hurt and missed the last game… This is a major loss, but it’s actually worse than it appears…
…When Peat got injured, that forced his backup (James Hurst) to move into the starting LG spot… BUT, Hurst is/was the top backup at every OL spot except for Center.
When both Armstead and Ramcyzk got hurt, that forced Hurst to move to RT, and the 3rd string LG (Throckmorton) to take over at LG… then, the 3rd string LT (rookie Landon Young) had to move into the starting LT spot!

Taysom Hill was crushed by an illegal hit vs WFT that resulted in a bad concussion. This effectively forced the 3rd string QB (Siemian) into action… and because Hill still hasn’t fully recovered (and now has a foot issue) the 3rd string QB is now the starter… Did I mention that Taysom Hill was one of the better weapons for the offense as a H-back/TE/WR/RB/QB, and he’s really been rendered useless now because of the constant injury issues.

Adam Trautman, the Saints starting TE, has been a huge disappointment all season because of inconsistency and untimely penalties… He finally put together a really solid performance yesterday… but left the game injured.

*So… the Saints offense yesterday in Philly had the following starters:
3rd string QB, 2nd string RB, 3rd string LT, 3rd string LG, backup RT… and the WR corps is made up of UDFAs and one 3rd round pick who has battled injury and inconsistency throughout his career.
They’re on their 4th or 5th Kicker of the season… and YES, he missed an XP yesterday.

…and oh BTW, the defense lost its 1st round pick DE to IR, and their Slot DB (one of the emotional leaders of the defense) and really good player (CJGJ) is also on IR.
They had a young DT that was really flashing in the preseason (Jalen Dalton)… but he tore a triceps and he’s done for the year.

It’s bad… real bad…

But there can’t possibly be more right?

…think again. Adam Trautman got hurt yesterday, and if things continue as they’ve been going, he’s going to miss AT LEAST a few games. *BONUS* The Saints top WR this season, and #1 KR/PR just had word come on a DUI issue from the offseason, so a 3-game suspension is imminent.

The problem is that Hill appears to still have an injury to his foot, which would make his strength at risk, which is running the football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom