Is their a hotel next door to the N.O. Arena and Superdome (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I am going to New Orleans probably in the next month or two to see a few Hornets games, their doing very good right now and I hope to catch in on some of the action because I do like the NBA and support this city's teams a great deal. But back to my original question, I was wondering if their was a hotel located right next door to the N.O. Arena and Super dome that I could stay at to watch the games or just be at a close place to walk over too before the games start?

I am, like I said a big time supporter of this city's teams and really feel the Hornets could do something special if they continue to win and I think that they will. I had heard that their was a plaza hotel located right next door and within barely walking distance.

any help would be appreciated and considered, I would love to go to the Arena and see some NBA action this season, Chris Paul is having a MVP caliber season and it seems like he is getting scant attention for it. Great player If I may say so. He is probably one of the best NBA players to come to this town in a long time. I want to see what this guy can do for myself

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

EDIT: Oops I actually had all the hotel locations pointed out but I guess when you copy the link it doesn't save what you searched for. Type in Louisiana Superdome, and then press "nearby", and then type in hotels.

Last edited:
There's a bunch of hotels located in the Warehouse district(which is between the River and the Arena/Superdome), don't know exact names but many have been built in that area in the past 10 years, those i'm sure I mainly used for people in town for the conventions. There's also a Holiday Inn(a few blocks off Canal street) that is walking distance from the Superdome and the N.O Arena, it's located on Loyola Ave I believe, it's not very far at all if you want to walk to the game, maybe 6 or 7 blocks...Either one of those choices will be close enough to walk to the N.O. arena.

thanks hard head. I was told by my Dad that this hotel was located like right next door to the Arena. I think he said it was a Hyatt hotel that was where this place was.

I hope a lot of people come to see the Bees this year, their doing very good and more people should see them and what they can do.

thank you for the information though, it is appreciated by me

Oh yea I forgot about the Hyatt, yea that's about as close as it gets, I've never stayed thee before so I don't know how nice it is, I thought I read something about them remodeling it or something(in general and because of Katrina I think).

IIRC, that Hyatt is closed and it will not re-open.

Your best bet may be to check out either the Holiday Inn on Loyola (yes, that was the HoJo where the sniper was 35 years ago this week) OR there are a number of hotels on Common Street in the CBD.

There is a LaQuinta on O'Keefe, but a couple friends stayed there for the Jacksonville game and it did not come highly recommended.

Last edited:
Yes, the Hyatt is definitely out of commission. There are tons of places to stay that aren't far from the Arena, but nothing quite like the walking distance of what you had in mind. The Hyatt was the best for that.

That reminds me...yesterday at work, a drunk Ohio State fan wandered into our building and insisted to our receptionist that he needed a key to his room. Our building is a stand alone building, but we're one block behind a small hotel. She kept trying to tell him he was in the wrong building & he got very irate when she wouldn't call his wife in Ontario to confirm his story. I laughed my butt off when the cops hauled him away.

The Drury Inn is about 3-4 blocks from the Dome on Poydras. Very easy walk and not a bad hotel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom