Is there a future for J Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know its only one pre season game, but is there a future for Rodgers with the Saints?

I thought maybe they were looking for another Sproles, I know rodgers hasn't performed at his many stops in the NFL

I know its only one pre season game, but is there a future for Rodgers with the Saints?

Probably not

Throughout his career he has been a mismatch in the receiving game and a threat in the running game as well.

I remember several games were he was a mismatch for our defense when he played with the Bucs and Falcons.

That time has passed

I'm afraid father time has caught up with him. He's just not physically able to be a factor in neither the run or pass

I agree with no, he is 29 which isnt bad but he was high mileage coming out off college (788 carries in 3 years)

In his 8 years he only has 2067 rushing yards (258 per year average) (3.8 ypc) and 1590 receiving yards (199 per yeear average)

He has been on the decline and that wont change.

I think there's a misconception that we seek a Kamara-type back to 'run his plays' if he is not on the field for some reason. Instead, I think the case would simply be that the team would run more concepts suiting the next back in the depth chart, since majoring in the ability of Lat Murray is more likely to get results than leaning on whichever lower echelon RB happens to look something like Kamara if you really squint...

Meanwhile, as said by others, Rodgers is a camp body filling in for another camp body. Unless Washington (and possibly Ozigbo) fail spectaculary to pass block, there's no opening for him.

He's here so Payton can kick the tires on him (just in case)...its Washington and Ozigbo after Kamara and Murray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom