N/S Is there a new sheriff in town? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The sports reporters in the Big Apple seem to think so.

44569ad087bf374da42b40acbbc02eff

Nope, just a shiny new toy. Eli isn't giving them a story

Is that the Giants locker room because that's terrible?
I doubt it’s just that. I’m expecting Jones to be named starting QB by the end of the season.

I think Jones will sit and observe his rookie season, much like Pat Mahomes did in KC.

Then next season, he's running the show in NY.

I doubt it’s just that. I’m expecting Jones to be named starting QB by the end of the season.
Who isn't? That's not even the discussion nor narrative of all the national pundits. The biggest question is and has been (since they drafted him) whether he will start much sooner (like after their bye), especially if it is apparent they aren't going to be in contention for their division. Before they played the first pre-season game, that's what the narrative has been. Now the narrative and discussion has changed to "should he be starting after the first month". They almost all agree he should be the starter week one, but concede that won't happen because Giants ownership is so adamant that Eli is and will be the starter.

Last edited:
Well they can't ever take away two super bowl rings from him. In fact probably enjoy the attention away from him for once.

Well they can't ever take away two super bowl rings from him. In fact probably enjoy the attention away from him for once.
No doubt.
The New York sport media has not been too kind to him in recent seasons.

Jack - completely agree with you. I have not seen Jones in preseason games, but his stats have been insane. I thought that was a terrible waste of a high 1st round draft choice. Looks like I was really dumb about that. To your point, I think that the minute the Giants appear to be slipping out of the playoffs that Jones will replace Eli.

Jack - completely agree with you. I have not seen Jones in preseason games, but his stats have been insane. I thought that was a terrible waste of a high 1st round draft choice. Looks like I was really dumb about that. To your point, I think that the minute the Giants appear to be slipping out of the playoffs that Jones will replace Eli.

Well, you'd fit right in with all the media - ALL of them thought the same thing!

And, they get paid for that???

smh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom