N/S Is There a Reason Aaron Rodgers is still Regarded as the Best QB in Football? (1 Viewer)

A comeback win on San Fran is pretty unimpressive. Be nice if this overhyped Green Bay can show up next week against LA... But
Green Bay usually always lose to. 500 teams.
Add to it he had 3 other tries in the 4th and didn't do anything until he was bailed out by a BS call. Weren't they 0-12 on 3rd down before the refs helped out??

Rodgers is good, but he is terribly over-rated.

As for Brady, I lose some respect when Garrapulo, Cassell, and Brissett can win in that system too. Put any of those guys on the Saints with the possible exception of Garrapulo and we're a 4 win team.
Bill Belichick is like Greg Poppvich(?) in that he can plug anybody in at QB and win regular season games. But we never saw whether he could do that with a different QB on the playoffs.

The reason is because of his ability to extend the play with his legs. And his TD:INT ratio for his career. That’s all it is. I think he’s overrated myself

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind the unanimous and overwhelming love Rodgers gets if half the talking heads weren’t constantly taking a crap on the unparalleled accomplishments of Drew Brees.

As they say - don’t hate the player. Hate the game. Especially if the game is named Maurice Jones Drew.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind the unanimous and overwhelming love Rodgers gets if half the talking heads weren’t constantly taking a crap on the unparalleled accomplishments of Drew Brees.

As they say - don’t hate the player. Hate the game. Especially if the game is named Maurice Jones Drew.

Yep....my opinion on Rodgers as a player is that he is great...my opinions on the talking heads are that most are idiots.

Often what grates on the fans of any great QB is when his name is not being considered when discussions of 'best ever' QBs come up in the sports news. While Drew Brees gets left out of these comparisons more than he should, his records are forcing them all to take notice of his greatness.

Frankly I think it's reflects more poorly on a sports reporter if he omits a player that belongs in a discussion than if he includes a player that really doesn't belong in it. Because genuine football fans know the real score. And they will discredit that reporter for his mistake.

I heard those idiots (maybe one particular) constantly say the best QB in the league. When Brees played on MNF, all I heard was future HOFer... he just broke the damn record in front of the whole world!

I see Brees as Cal Ripken Jr. and Rodgers as Ken Griffey Jr.

Ripken had years and years of greatness but never had the media hype of Griffey. Griffey showed amazing heights but had trouble living up to it for a full career. It would be tough to say Ripken was better than Griffy at their peaks but Ripken had the better career. I guess Brady would be Derek Jeter in that scenario.

Interestingly Ripken's ironman game felt a lot like Brees' yardage game.

Of course, they still have some playing to do for that comparison to fully flesh out. Particularly Rodgers.

I am a huge Brees fan. I am not that well versed in football history before 1990s, but to me Brees deserves to be in the conversation of GOAT. I think Brees is better than Rodgers

But Rodgers is a great QB. That TD throw to tie the game, that was a really really good throw. Brees-like, really. And while I dont agree with those who say Rodgers is better, I can understand where they are coming from.

Didn’t see the game but read he had some amazing play to get the W. Seems he Montana’d the 49ers. I like that. He’s a great QB. I don’t get caught up in silly greatest ever talk. Everyone has their opinion.

That same bad Redskins defense Brees deserved no credit for slicing up, Rodgers lost to by 14 points with very non-goat stats.

Didn’t see the game but read he had some amazing play to get the W.

That's the thing, he didn't. But apparently every ball Rodgers throws is the bestest ever. Even the throws in which the WR's athletic ability made the catch possible while a DB was draped all over him, it was "what a throw by Number 12!!!!"

Is there a reason that some Brees fans cannot accept that there are other QBs in the league that are just as good or, dare I say, better than Brees?

Brady, Brees and Rodgers are all great at what they do.

I think we DO accept that. The thing we cannot accept is how often Brees is dismissed from that conversation. I'll accept the argument that all 3 QBs you mention are among the best QBs in the game, and have been for a long time. Will you accept the argument that Brees is often marginalized in that conversation, usually for reasons that have nothing to do with QB play. Have you EVER heard Brady or Rodgers dismissed from the conversation? I certainly have not...

Brees has Rodgers beat in nearly every QB metric that matters. And Brady is usually cited for his 5 rings in 8 apperances (rightfully so), but he is also often mentioned for his stats, cited as being in "elite" company with Manning, Favre & Brees. If that is PROOF of Brady's greatness, in addition to his rings (which I see as a TEAM accomplishment), then it's proof of Brees' greatness. You don't get to cite those statistics as PROOF for Brady, but dismiss it for Brees; any more than you get to apply SB wins as the metric for Brady, Montana & Bradshaw, but dismiss it for Marino. Apply the metric equally is all we are saying... And if you can't do that, maybe it's time to admit that the mantle of GOAT isn't awarded based on any ONE criteria, but an amalgamation of all the things that QBs are expected to do. And when you do that, Brees is one of the GOATS....not one of the early dismissals.

THAT is what we cannot accept...

I think we DO accept that. The thing we cannot accept is how often Brees is dismissed from that conversation. I'll accept the argument that all 3 QBs you mention are among the best QBs in the game, and have been for a long time. Will you accept the argument that Brees is often marginalized in that conversation, usually for reasons that have nothing to do with QB play. Have you EVER heard Brady or Rodgers dismissed from the conversation? I certainly have not...

Brees has Rodgers beat in nearly every QB metric that matters. And Brady is usually cited for his 5 rings in 8 apperances (rightfully so), but he is also often mentioned for his stats, cited as being in "elite" company with Manning, Favre & Brees. If that is PROOF of Brady's greatness, in addition to his rings (which I see as a TEAM accomplishment), then it's proof of Brees' greatness. You don't get to cite those statistics as PROOF for Brady, but dismiss it for Brees; any more than you get to apply SB wins as the metric for Brady, Montana & Bradshaw, but dismiss it for Marino. Apply the metric equally is all we are saying... And if you can't do that, maybe it's time to admit that the mantle of GOAT isn't awarded based on any ONE criteria, but an amalgamation of all the things that QBs are expected to do. And when you do that, Brees is one of the GOATS....not one of the early dismissals.

THAT is what we cannot accept...
A 'mic-dropping' retort if I ever heard one! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom